Blunt / Broad Tips 04/18/2017 10:39 AM CDT
This can't be a new question. Why are there no blunt or broad arrowheads or crossbow bolts in-game? The one major flaw of ranged combat is that you're restricted to piercing damage. Blunt and Broad tipped ammunition is legitimate, and provided archers with options for different purposes. Blunted tips, in GSIV, would provide ranged combat with a method of dealing crushing damage instead of piercing damage. Broad tips would provide slash/pierce damage instead of just pierce.

There should be clear draw-backs and benefits to using different ammunition, and the opportunity to have a crushing attack from blunt arrows would be particularly useful for various targets that are resistant to piercing damage.
Re: Blunt / Broad Tips 04/18/2017 10:58 AM CDT

I seem to recall that the blunt tips have been sold at the past at events, though, I could be imagining that.
Re: Blunt / Broad Tips 04/18/2017 07:38 PM CDT
<I seem to recall that the blunt tips have been sold at the past at events, though, I could be imagining that. >

There have been blunt tips sold at EG in years past, though I can't recall if it was just a description or if they did something mechanically. I don't tend to pay much attention to arrow tips since I'd have to edit my fletching script to add the steps for them and any effects I've been interested in have been available through fletchings or wood.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Blunt / Broad Tips 04/19/2017 07:28 AM CDT
I believe the broad tipped arrowheads we've seen in the past were the damage weighted variety. Blunt tips have been requested almost as long as we've had archery. However, with the remove of puncture immune creatures in favor of puncture resistance the justification for these has really waned. It used to be literally impossible to hunt certain things as an archer and that is no longer the case. Mark that off as another time staff had a better solution than what was requested.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Blunt / Broad Tips 04/19/2017 09:29 AM CDT
I'm still not bothering with stone trolls.

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Blunt / Broad Tips 04/22/2017 06:21 PM CDT
> I'm still not bothering with stone trolls.

Those things are ridiculous, even as paladin with a slashing weapon. Their regen is insane.