Dear Simu, please give me an Ebow 02/27/2014 04:56 PM CST

One of the most annoying parts about being an archer, one that even after all this time I cant get over, is hunting with another archer. I like to socialize in Multiplayer Games, but whenever I go out with another archer it becomes amazingly frustrating. I either just use spells until I run out of mana or just refuse to do it, if they use cross bows it works ok but otherwise forget about it.

So in order to fix this problem I have a couple of suggestions

a) Give me an ebow

b) Create either alternative nouns for arrows (which I have no idea what that would be of course) that we can easily pick up in every archery shop for cheap, just for the purpose of hunting with other archers or create one time use arrows...make them glass arrows, or troll bone shard arrows...whatever...you fire them they break they do not mix in with the other archers arrows and you do not spend 10 minutes during every hunt trying to find out who has what arrow where. I really think some sort of readily available disposable breaking arrows would help on multi-archer hunts...might even help with undead hunts as well if they were bless-able....I really like the ebow idea as well though.
Re: Dear Simu, please give me an Ebow 02/27/2014 05:06 PM CST
You can make arrows that have different/unique descriptions via Artisan fletching skill. They will all be 'arrows' but could be 'blue arrow' or 'red arrow' just to give a basic example. I use different types of bolts (e.g. fire flaring, blessed) when I hunt and use color to differentiate which bolts are which.

-- Robert
Re: Dear Simu, please give me an Ebow 02/27/2014 06:15 PM CST

you can also use golem bones and make bone arrows
Re: Dear Simu, please give me an Ebow 02/28/2014 12:54 PM CST

It is frustrating. Gather is your friend, then just swap/drop as needed after your "put my arrow in my arrow in my quiver" command fails.

What I think is more frustrating is being told I can't reach an arrow. No mechanical solution, just annoying as hell to wait up a group hunt. (barely tolerable while solo hunting)
Re: Dear Simu, please give me an Ebow 03/09/2014 05:18 AM CDT
If you hunt with the same people all the time, you can just make matching arrows. You might have to even out how many arrows each person should have at the end of the hunt, but you don't have to go through arrow hell while you hunt.

Alternately, the gather verb will only gather like arrows together so you don't have to worry about accidentally picking up other people's arrows.