Simple Request for Crossbow Users 08/15/2013 02:36 AM CDT
This seems like a real simple thing, but could be helpful for some. I wonder if the commands "cock" and "load" might be made to work with the "weapon" variable used by the store/ready list. This would make switching between different weapons (e.g., an arbalest and a crossbow) simpler for macro users, by simply changing the "ready weapon".

For example:

>ready weapon
You sling a slender enruned arbalest off from over your shoulder.
>cock weapon
Forcing stance to offensive.
You cock your enruned arbalest.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R>take 1 bolt from my harness
You remove a single faewood heavy bolt from a bundle of faewood heavy bolts.
>load weapon
You load a red banded faewood bolt fletched with black-flecked golden eagle feathers into your enruned arbalest.

Thanks! :)

Heathyr and friends
Re: Simple Request for Crossbow Users 08/15/2013 03:39 PM CDT
I can't test this at the moment but couldn't you simply replace weapon with %weapon to accomplish what you are requesting?

-- Robert
Re: Simple Request for Crossbow Users 08/15/2013 03:46 PM CDT
<<<I can't test this at the moment but couldn't you simply replace weapon with %weapon to accomplish what you are requesting?>>>

I've tried that, and various forms of the same, but it doesn't seem to work. If somebody knows a particular syntax that would work, that'd be swell! :)

~ Heathyr and friends

PS: Yes, I said swell.
Re: Simple Request for Crossbow Users 08/15/2013 06:13 PM CDT
I use the weapon2 variable for my crossbow. The following seems to work just fine:

>unload %weapon2
You remove the red light bolt from your dual crossbow.

>cock %weapon2
Forcing stance to offensive.
You cock your dual crossbow.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

>ready ammo
You remove a single red light bolt from a bundle of red light bolts.

>load %weapon2
You load a red wooden bolt fletched with snowy-white cockatrice feathers into your dual crossbow.

What error messages are you receiving?

-- Robert
Re: Simple Request for Crossbow Users 08/16/2013 03:49 AM CDT
<<<What error messages are you receiving?>>>

Well, let me elaborate a little. I've been using a variable %crossbow% to define my crossbow, for all my macros. I've found this necessary because, apparently, using the "ready/store" commands are not setting any variables. I was under the impression that they should, but they're not. I created a little script to dump the variables to screen, but only the ones I manually set show up. So in a nutshell, the "weapon" variables are not set, therefore the error messages I get are along the lines of, "I could not find what you were refering to."*

Why do I care, since I already have a variable that works? Simply because this means I have to change two separate things to change weapons, the ready/store list, and my "crossbow" variable.

It feels like I may be missing something glaringly obvious. Or maybe something a bit more subtle. I'll be happy to be made a fool of, in this case, if anybody can figure out what I'm missing here. :)

~ Heathyr

* Speaking of the glaringly obvious, it wasn't until this moment that I realized "refering" is misspelled. It should be "referring." How many years has this gone unnoticed? Is there an award for catching the longest-lived typo in the game? LOL!
Re: Simple Request for Crossbow Users 08/16/2013 10:53 AM CDT
Okay. So how about creating a change macro that sets your %crossbow% variable to a new value and then updates ready/store? One step for you even if the macro has to run a couple of steps.

I use Wizard FE (so don't have the ability to define my own variables) but I understand you should be able to SET %crossbow% to a new value via your script/macro (just not sure of the syntax).

-- Robert