Succesful Sniping 05/28/2013 08:02 AM CDT
Currently at my 19th training , was curious as to when I can expect to start hitting where I aim consistently. I currently hit my spot around 40-50% of the time. This is a rough estimate that may be low. Also could use some hunting area advice as bears and pumas sniff me out too often in the wentoph and danjirland.
Re: Succesful Sniping 05/28/2013 02:47 PM CDT
<Currently at my 19th training , was curious as to when I can expect to start hitting where I aim consistently. I currently hit my spot around 40-50% of the time. This is a rough estimate that may be low. Also could use some hunting area advice as bears and pumas sniff me out too often in the wentoph and danjirland.>

You should be hitting fairly reliably at around level 23-25, depending on where you're aiming and what your training is. If you're not hitting where you aim more then 80% of the time by level 30 you'll prolly want to invest more in perception and ambush.

Four-legged critters are difficult to stay hidden from, esp at lower levels (only undead are more difficult). I have a rogue that triples in S&H and a ranger that doubles in it (both also have the CMAN Shadow Mastery), both were able to stay hidden the majority of the time against panthers/hounds/etc by level 30... though my ranger's spells aren't quite enough to make up for the difference between 2x and 3x.

At level 19, krolvin warriors should be easy enough to stay hidden from (just watch out for the warfarers til you get a couple more levels). If you can't hit their eyes reliably, aim at their head. It doesn't crit as easily, but it's MUCH easier to hit.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Succesful Sniping 05/28/2013 04:44 PM CDT

Thanks
Re: Succesful Sniping 05/31/2013 04:07 PM CDT

There's a player shop that sells tons of master fletched arrows and some have flares too. I don't remember the name off hand though.
Re: Succesful Sniping 05/31/2013 04:10 PM CDT
>There's a player shop that sells tons of master fletched arrows and some have flares too. I don't remember the name off hand though.
HALDRIK

the bacon-hued rusty steel barn with a rounded turnip-shaped roof
Wehnimer's Landing
Lich ID: 364

http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops/6205

-farmer
>He's right on all counts. ~Vanah