undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/13/2013 02:07 PM CDT

AS: -6 vs DS: +131 with AvD: +1 + d100 roll: +75 = -61

You work your way out of a vultite-link halfling chain shirt.

You work your way into some imflass halfling-sized fullplate.

AS: -6 vs DS: +109 with AvD: -23 + d100 roll: +35 = -103

i have 61 ranks of armor use, and 56 ranks of dodge. the chain shirt is +20, the fullplate is +22.

is being undertrained for the fullplate affecting the dodge ds, or is it just that big of a differance for wearing fullplate?

Pertyc
Re: undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/13/2013 02:56 PM CDT
Yes, there is an action/maneuver penalty for wearing most armor and the less trained you are for that armor the larger they will be. The armor penalty is divided by 2 then subtracted as a percent from your dodge DS.
Re: undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/13/2013 03:32 PM CDT

... and that there is why Berr slapped Clunk upside the head for wearin full plate to fight wolverines so long ago .... you also get a rather incredible round-time, and you're only solace is that the wolverines chip their teeth

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/15/2013 03:31 PM CDT

Then again your AvD made up the difference in that example, still not worth it to do but illustrative of the value of wearing plate. :)
Re: undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/17/2013 10:07 PM CDT

i'm not planning on wearing the plate for hunting until i'm at least close to being fully trained for it. i pulled it out of my locker to check the enchant. then was highly supprised to notice how much my DS dropped. so now i am left wondering if i am better off staying with 2x dodge and 2x armor, or for the next 15 levels, would 1x dodge and 4x armor better.

Pertyc
Re: undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/18/2013 01:19 AM CDT
I'd say to push for fullplate, unless for whatever reason you don't really get hit while hunting, if not it will make quite the difference.
Re: undertrained for armor and dodge ds 07/18/2013 06:43 PM CDT

While you are working up to full plate, I think you gain speed when you wear the lighter armors because you have overtrained for those armors. Sometimes Clunk wears the lighter armors if he feels a need for speed.

If I recall, you use two weapons. Most two weapon folks get really aware of the speed factor.
(A full plated Clunk makes that clunk sound a lot in battle)

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)