Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 11:43 AM CDT
Empath Alchemists have gained access to a new alchemical potion, a glimmering sanguine potion, that can restore weapons or other gear that have been Ensorcelled.

Information on the required skill levels and formula itself can be viewed on the wiki. https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Glimmering_sanguine_potion

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 11:46 AM CDT

Nice one.

How did you decide on empath vs cleric? (Or sorcerer or wizard for that matter)
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 12:06 PM CDT

Can anybody pour it or just Empaths? Does it remove one tier per pour or all tiers? I hope there's a warning and confirmation!

Finally, what would be the benefit of removing enorcelling? Does it interfere with some other possible enhancement?
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 12:13 PM CDT

>what would be the benefit of removing enorcelling? Does it interfere with some other possible enhancement?

One benefit I see is to lower costs of services at high end pay events, it might be cheaper for someone to re-ensorcell the item rather than having the ensorcelled item worked on. It will also lower Premium Point costs by 200 per tier, if that is more costly than the ensorcell it is a good benefit.

Some people who are very strict in their RP will not use items "tainted" by sorcerer magic, and will not buy or use items with an ensorcell.

I'm sure there are more
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 12:15 PM CDT
>>How did you decide on empath vs cleric? (Or sorcerer or wizard for that matter)

As Ensorcell binds permanently, it was decided that purifying, ripping out, or banishing the necromantic energy would likely damage or destroy the gear in question. Restorative magic used to heal and transmute the taint away was selected as the less destructive approach.

-KEIOS

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 12:16 PM CDT
>>Can anybody pour it or just Empaths? Does it remove one tier per pour or all tiers? I hope there's a warning and confirmation!

Anybody can pour it. It removes all tiers.
No, there is no warning or confirmation.

-KEIOS

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 07:17 PM CDT
Nice!

Taking orders. :)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal, empath alchemist

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/22/2016 09:40 PM CDT
>>Can anybody pour it or just Empaths? Does it remove one tier per pour or all tiers? I hope there's a warning and confirmation!

Since there were concerns, I've gone ahead and added a warning to the pour.

-KEIOS

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 03/23/2016 07:33 AM CDT
>Some people who are very strict in their RP will not use items "tainted" by sorcerer magic, and will not buy or use items with an ensorcell.

This is also enforced mechanically in the case of Voln armor.
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/03/2016 11:11 PM CDT
I just followed the recipe on the wiki and it failed. Not sure what's wrong.

The iron cauldron is currently lit. So far, you've added blessed water, ayana leaf, and faintly glimmering dust, simmered it, added powdered uncut diamond and troll blood, boiled it, and chanted Heal.

>alchemy seal
You hold your hands over the iron cauldron and murmur the incantation for sealing the solution. As you do so, a dull orange haze begins to seep out of the cauldron, dissipating as it reaches the ground.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
R>
Gradually, you pulse mana into the cauldron, settling the turbulent essences contained within.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
R>
As you soothe the solution, you can see the liquid ripple and contort slightly as it starts to condense.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
R>
You sense something amiss with the solution in the cauldron and quickly dismiss the flame and stop the sealing process.

The contents of the cauldron swirl suddenly, turning an unpleasant shade of brown and casting a foul odor into the air. The solution is clearly ruined.

With a sigh, you empty the cauldron of its failed concoction.

Bugged it in game as well. Tried it twice.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/04/2016 10:35 AM CDT
>>The iron cauldron is currently lit. So far, you've added blessed water, ayana leaf, and faintly glimmering dust, simmered it, added powdered uncut diamond and troll blood, boiled it, and chanted Heal.

My apologies, it appears I had a transcription error with the order of simmer/boil on the wiki. It should be boil first, and then simmer.

Here is the recipe as it should be, which is now updated on the wiki:

Add blessed water
Add ayana leaf
Add faintly glimmering dust
Boil
Add powdered uncut diamond
Add troll blood
Simmer
Chant Heal

Sorry for the confusion.

-KEIOS

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/04/2016 03:51 PM CDT
Oof. Ok, I'll try again sometime this week.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/07/2016 10:17 PM CDT
You sense that the ritual is complete and lower your hands. The flame beneath the cauldron quietly goes out. You note that the solution in the cauldron has condensed into a rich potion.

You reach into the cauldron and fill your flask.

>write tome
You quickly jot down the recipe for an ensorcell remove potion in your blue leather tome.

And made!

Now to find someone that's interested in using it. :)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/08/2016 04:04 AM CDT

>>Now to find someone that's interested in using it. :)

I'd buy one from you.

Lochiven
Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/09/2016 10:59 AM CDT
Sent a message to your play.net address!

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Re: Empath Alchemy: Ensorcell Remove Potion 04/13/2016 05:05 PM CDT
From THORNBROOK, here's how the messaging looks when you use the potion:

>pour pot on my gloves
Warning! This will remove ALL Ensorcellment tiers, permanent or temporary, on the sanguine potion PERMANENTLY. This cannot be undone! If you wish to proceed, pour the sanguine potion on your leather gloves again in the next 30 seconds.
>pour pot on my gloves
You pour the potion onto your leather gloves, gently working the viscous liquid into the leather.
You toss aside the empty potion.

The liquid slowly sinks into the gloves and, with a warm spread of heat, its palliative magic heals and transmutes the necrotic energy it encounters into harmless glowing light. As the last traces of necrotic haze are drawn from within the gloves, the soft glow consumes them and then fades away.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal