Winterfest 5119 Event: A Speech Unspoken: The Language of Flowers 12/15/2019 09:21 AM CST
[Silvergate Inn Party Tent]
Hardwood floors of gleaming cedar are inlaid with darker woods forming an intricate Silvergate Inn coat-of-arms. Cheerful candles on gold candelabra brighten the spacious tent, casting merry shadows upon its lush, silver velvet interior walls. A heavy green damask curtain embroidered with a lion rampant separates the dance area to the north from this main gathering spot. You also see a linen-covered rolling side table with some stuff on it and a discreet tent flap.

Rovvigen softly says, "We will begin in about five minutes."

Speaking softly to Richaard, Rovvigen says, "Evening."

Rovvigen softly says, "Hope everyone is well this evening."

Speaking cheerfully to Rovvigen, Akenna responds, "I'm well, thank you! How are you?"

Rovvigen recites softly:
"Refreshments are on the table while we wait to begin"

Rovvigen smiles.

Rovvigen points at a linen-covered rolling side table.

Mikalmas says, "Good evening everyone. My apologies for my inattention."

Richaard recites:
"Thank you for all attending this evening for Winterfest. I will be handing out diamonds to all those participating here today. These diamonds can be traded in on Restday before the Yule Ball for other fun prizes. We can talk privately later if you need a list of prizes. Or you may keep the diamond for your own personal use. The more diamonds you collect, the bigger the prize or the more you can get."

Speaking to Richaard, Mikalmas says, "Wow. Thanks. Start out with something we can't top."

Rovvigen begins chortling at Mikalmas.

Ashreilynn says, "I don't know... The language of flowers is pretty nifty."

*Richaard from Argent Aspis handed out the blue diamonds to attendees*

Speaking to Rovvigen, Richaard says, "All done, thank you."

Rovvigen softly says, "Thank you sir."

Mikalmas asks, "And with that, shall we begin?"

Mikalmas grins.

Mikalmas nods at Rovvigen.

*Rovvigen softly exclaims, "Good evening all and thank you for joining us tonight!"*

Sarlena turns an inquisitive ear toward Rovvigen.

Alvyara applauds.

*Rovvigen softly says, "This evening we are going to briefly touch on a few points from a scholarly article written by Tesseitre Carhiesel Illistim."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "We will now hand out parchments to everyone here. We ask that you please do not smell them until you're instructed to do so in a few minutes.."*

Rovvigen nods at Cylnthia.

*Cylnthia, Elder Sentinel for The Order of the Sphere and Scythe handed out parchments to the attendees

Ashreilynn exclaims, "Oooh! The temptation!"

Mikalmas says, "If we run out of parchments, no fear. Rovvigen is wearing the scent and he will instruct you to smell him later."

Sarlena softly asks, "Kin a lick it?"

Mikalmas grins.

Mikalmas says, "I promise he bathed earlier."

Mikalmas winks.

Ashreilynn asks, "Can I decline the parchment to sniff the wearer?"

Sarlena softly says, "It smells better on persons."

Mikalmas says, "Surely. You get a better interpretation of it when smelled on the wearer anyway."

Mikalmas grins.

Ashreilynn says, "I find scents smell better with a little body heat to warm it up."

Rovvigen softly asks, "Snuggle time?"

Ashreilynn agrees with Rovvigen.

Speaking to Rovvigen, Cylnthia says, "I'll be sniffing the wearer, as well."

*Rovvigen softly says, "Tesseitre Illistim explains to us that the art of expressing emotion through symbolic flower gifts stems from the forest-sheltered society of Ta'Ardenai, but many of the other races of Elanith have adopted the custom."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "Floral symbolism extends far beyond the forests of Ta'Ardenai, these days; it stretches from the depths of the Southron Wastes to the icelands of Pinefar, from the volcanoes of Teras to the distant spires of Ta'Loenthra."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "Servants of Imaera, Kuon, and Aeia cultivate beautiful gardens throughout the continent that are complex with symbolic meaning as well as rich with medicinal value."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "But Tesseitre cautions us that after years of travel and study, he has compiled his findings on the matter and he presents us with his findings."*

Ashreilynn turns an inquisitive ear toward Rovvigen.

*Rovvigen softly says, "He does caution his readers to remember that he has examined this matter in great detail; many suitors may be unaware of an inadvertent symbolic message. Often, a flower is given for nothing save beauty."*

Sarlena gazes with interest at Rovvigen.

Alvyara folds her hands in her lap.

*Mikalmas says, "So don't blame your loved one if they bring you something that could be interpreted as offensive."*

Mikalmas appears to be trying hard not to grin.

Ashreilynn laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

*Rovvigen softly says, "With that being said, Tesseitre covers many flowers in his unspoken language that we will not have time to discuss tonight. In fact, there are over 120 flowers covered in his essay. If you have not read it, I suggest you do."

Cylnthia says, "Tis quite the document."

Rovvigen agrees with Cylnthia.

*Rovvigen softly says, "Tonight we will focus on his unspoken language in the flowers that inspired the custom fragrance that the Sphere and Scythe has created to represent our order and what we stand for."*

Ashreilynn agrees with Cylnthia.

*Rovvigen softly says, "Each of you have been given a parchment that contains our signature fragrance. We ask that you smell them now and savor the scent. Then we will proceed to explain each and how it relates to the Sphere and Scythe. You may also smell me to get a more refined experience of how the fragrances intermingle."

Ashreilynn gazes with interest at Rovvigen.

Rovvigen quickly ducks to the side and out of the way.

Mikalmas says, "I suggest you sniff the parchment and smell Rovvigen as well."

(Attendees now proceeded to sniff the parchments and Rovvigen before the event and lecture continued)

(Attendees smelled this: Rovvigen has the sweet, fragrant scent of freshly cut sirenflowers enveloping him, underscored by a bitter melancholic hint of mournblooms mingling with fresh soil. The rising scent of pungent rosemary gives way to subtle chords of niveous calla lily, which finishes off in a trail of verbena and trillium flowers in full bloom)

Ashreilynn says, "That is a lovely combination."

Akenna hesitantly says, "I think I'm good with smelling the parchment."

*Rovvigen softly says, "As you smell the parchment, the first hint you will detect is the scent of freshly cut Sirenflowers."*

Nazarr nods at Rovvigen.

*Rovvigen softly says, "According to Tesseitre, the Sirenflower represents prophecy, and the Arkati Jastev. Obviously Jastev is one of our two patrons, and prophecy is one of our main goals."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "Underscoring the scent of Sirenflowers, you may detect a bitter hint of mournblooms which intermingle with fresh soil."*

Ashreilynn nods at Rovvigen.

*Rovvigen softly says, "Mournblooms represent grief and mourning. The scent of fresh soil which follows represents the graves of those who have recently left us. This is a testament of our efforts to preserve the past, and to respect the Grey Lady to accept us when our time has ended. It reminds us of the experiences of those who have gone on before us."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "A strong scent of pungent Rosemary may next find itself to your senses. Rosemary is representative of rememberance. Those though we love are gone, the harsh scent of Rosemary prompts us to remember them always. Though gone from this world, so long as we live they will never be forgotten."*

Rendena softly says, "True all that."

*Rovvigen softly says, "I have to admit, the next chord of our scent is not tied to Tesseitre or his studies, but rather is a culmination of our experiences. For Mikalmas, the niveous calla lily in its simple beauty has always been a symbol of Gosaena to him, so in this place we honor her. The delicate white folds of the niveous calla lily is reminiscent of Gosaena s wings cradling the spadix of the bloom, which represents the person who has passed beyond the Ebon Gate."*

Rovvigen smiles at Rendena.

*Rovvigen softly says, "Gosaena is the silent guardian. The one who knows when all things pass through the Ebon Gate for their final time."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "Finally, we finish in a trailing scent of verbena and trillium flowers in full bloom."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "Remember as you experience this last chord, that verbena represents family union. And trillium represents hope despite pain."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "So in summary, the language of flowers represents the following in our scent."*

Ashreilynn smiles at Rovvigen.

Cylnthia removes a silvery grey-edged parchment from in her leather pouch.

*Rovvigen softly says, "Our journeys in life begin with prophecy and the realization of our destiny and purpose in our brief time here. For no matter how briefly or how long you live, all things come to an end."*

Cylnthia nods.

*Rovvigen softly says, "The initial hit of Sirenflowers indicate a strong hint of prophecy and represents the Arkati Jastev and our trust in his gift. This is followed by the sad draw of mournblooms and fresh soil. Which represents our acceptance of those who have passed beyond the Ebon Gate as their contributions remain with us."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "Strongly assaulting your senses next is the pungent aroma of Rosemary, which is a strong and painful remembrance of those who have gone on."*

*Rovvigen softly says, "The subtle scent of niveous calla lily is a reminder of the Mistress of Eternity, who knows when all living things will pass through the Ebon Gate for their last time."*

Sarlena wiggles her nose at Rovvigen.

Cylnthia smiles.

*Rovvigen softly says, "The verbena and trillium blossoms remind us of hope and family union. An ultimate reminder that even past the Ebon Gate there is hope and family union."*

Cylnthia adopts an agreeable expression.

*Rovvigen softly says, "We have always strived to Preserve the Past, Protect the Present, and Predict the future. This combination of the unspoken language of flowers serves as a reminder of our mission and our goals, and embodies those who have sacrificed before us to ensure that goal continues."*

Ashreilynn says, "A very well rounded combination of scents."

Blocksum smiles.

*Rovvigen softly says, "With that being said, we are happy to answer questions about the language of flowers or provide divination for any who may seek it."*

Cylnthia agrees with Ashreilynn.

Rovvigen softly says, "Thank you."

Rovvigen smiles at Ashreilynn.

Alvyara applauds politely.

Sarlena softly says, "Dat is pretty n'sads at same times."

(After the lecture concluded attendees were provided divination)

*Rovvigen softly says, "Thank you everyone for allowing us to share this moment with you all."*

Alvyara quietly says, "Thank you, that was beautiful."

Ashreilynn says, "And thank you for sharing it with us. Now I have some research to do because I have a desire to create something."

Speaking to Sarlena, Mikalmas says, "We...struggle at times to find the balance between our duties. There is much sadness that intermingles with joy. It is a difficult path to walk, as a Seer."

Ashreilynn nods understandingly at Mikalmas.

Speaking to Sarlena, Mikalmas says, "The message is not always pleasant. Sometimes a Seer is fortunate that it is, but at other times, we have to deliver unfavorable news."

Nazarr says, "I would imagine. I suppose that what you see is not always what you want to see."