Information? 06/11/2009 03:18 PM CDT
I have just recently escaped the black hole of alchemy and plan on a very long break from it. After returning about 2-3 years ago from a long break, I have been mired in relearning many things I have forgotten, and learning new things that I have never seen before. In the meantime, I have found myself to be quite reclusive in game, and have been mostly a solo hunter. I do not solo hunt by choice, and would rather hunt with a group.

I am told that the Drakes have nightly hunts whereas they invite others to join. It so happens that these hunts coincide with my normal playing hours. I hope that that will be mutually beneficial.

However, I am completely clueless as to what the Drakes stands for, and some of the basic requirements for participating in the Drake activities. Literally, all I know of them are what has been announced on the amunet from time to time.

Could someone point me to the right direction to gain some information, and whom to speak with in game, or out of game even?

Zizzle

The Elementalist

AIM: zizzlezearlight
Alchemy Training Formulas: http://www.zizzlezearlight.com/
Re: Information? 06/12/2009 09:48 AM CDT
Gladly. Hunts are held each night at half past the eight hour, as elves tell time. Gathering information about the Drakes Vanguard is easy. Simply Join a hunt, and Speak with Svardin. He is the leader of the Drakes, and is always very happy to see new faces.

As for the requirements. We do not require you become a member. You are welcome to join all the hunts you like as guest.

Glatt

just my thoughts
Re: Information? 06/12/2009 07:31 PM CDT
Group, nightly hunts, eh? Sounds intriguing! Where are you gents & fine ladies stationed in? The Landing?

- Nymph & Pomegranate, incorporated
AIM: GS4 Islyia

"You, sir, fail at elfgirl." ~ Jen
Re: Information? 06/13/2009 10:10 AM CDT
Group, nightly hunts, eh? Sounds intriguing! Where are you gents & fine ladies stationed in? The Landing?

Thanks Glatt by the way! I can answer this for ye Islyia... Yes, the Landing area is where they start (Wayside Inn).

I went on a hunt with them once already. Was fun except for the eventual demise by yours truly in the Rift... Mostly my fault, although Svardin blames himself. <wink> I was woefully unprepared going in there!

Zizzle

The Elementalist

Re: Information? 06/18/2009 01:22 PM CDT
Also let it be known that when going on groups hunts with The Drakes Vanguard your level is not an issue. Even though the majority of the Drakes are well along in years our hunts are tailored to make everyone welcome. Even if you are the only one in your age group allowances will be made, with the elders helping out the youngers. All are truly welcome. And a good time is had by everyone.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Re: Information? 08/21/2009 01:09 AM CDT
Trying to figure out just why it took me so long to meander into the boards of discussion, I will blame it on some challenging rocks, piles or sets of stairs. But I have finally triumphed and am here amongst those that I belong. Just wish my timing allowed for doing so more frequently on the nightly jaunts.

To any and all considering the nightly, themed, and exciting forays with the Drakes, rest assured...if they can manage to get me to not only survive but thrive over the past years, I think they can do so with just about anyone. And I'll do my bestest to bring you home in one piece!

Mountaineer Sausage
Re: Information? 09/03/2009 11:21 PM CDT
>>To any and all considering the nightly, themed, and exciting forays with the Drakes, rest assured...if they can manage to get me to not only survive but thrive over the past years, I think they can do so with just about anyone. And I'll do my bestest to bring you home in one piece!

I'm not a Drake, but I've gone hunting with them on several occasions. Svardin is perhaps the best group leader with whom I've ever had the pleasure to hunt. I would go just about anywhere with the Drakes.

And then there's that empath they cart along when they can...Mountaineer Sausage! Simply an amazing guy!

AEL
Re: Information? 09/04/2009 01:26 PM CDT
Yes it is truly amazing what the Drakes can do as a super group. Folks are encouraged to practice sound battle tactics, especially when facing serious foes.

I look forward to each evening hunts that I am able to participate in. Which sadly is roughly 2-3 evenings per week at best. <sigh>

Zizzle

The Elementalist