Taking a break, possibly permanent 02/27/2009 05:12 PM CST
Due to issues and disagreements about certain practices during the last set of invasions I will be taking a break from Elanthia, perhaps permanently. My beliefs of fairness and equality have been tested to their limits and I do not feel that, at this time, I can continue to garner any enjoyment out of the lands. I used to come here to relax and take my mind off RL issues for a few hours, but that has been denied me. I leave the lands more frustrated than when I entered. Therefore, and with heavy heart, I leave the protection of the lands to you, The Drakes Vanguard. You who never waver in the face of adversity. You who, no matter the odds, ALWAYS triumph. You gallant few, destroyers of many, defenders of all. Carry on in my absence and let not the opinions of others sway you in your duty to the lands, to yourselves, and to each other. Obey your officers, they are all good people. Help each other through the trials that will be sent your way. And remember, only through teamwork can victory truly be achievement. You truly are more than the sum of your parts. You are Drakes first and foremost. You are above all others in defending the lands. You are the very best of the best. It has been my honor, no, my priveledge, to serve with and, at times, to lead you on the field of combat. I have never served with a better, stronger, and most of all, funner group of people in my entire 13-14 years in the lands.

Thank you all, and my you find the victory, recognition, and honor you truly deserve.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Re: Taking a break, possibly permanent 02/28/2009 04:24 PM CST
It with both sadness and understanding I read your words. When the joy isn't there, ones feet must plod a different path. It was with honor you have served the Drakes and we will miss you, however long your sojourn.

I too am troubled by those in the lands who feel their own self-importance elevates them above the rest of us. Elanthia is meant to be an escape, a diversion, not a platform for the few to strut.

I have been often been challenged to keep my own focus in the lands and have lashed out unnecessarily at times and likely with futility. The Drakes were founded on a single principle: Everyone matters. And we had many discussions on how to pursue that best and keep things fun.

I shall continute to try my best to focus on those ideas. With you no longer here to remind me, I'll hope others will chastise me gently when I stray. You will be truly missed.

Knight General Svardin Odinsmane, Drakes Knight, First Lord of the Titans, Friend of the True Folk, Protector of Children, self-proclaimed lunatic, and friend always of a General who was more than my right hand.
Re: Taking a break, possibly permanent 03/02/2009 08:14 AM CST
Bye Buddy, I'll miss you. Don't forget how AIM works.

~Galenok

The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage. - Thucydides