Resignation 02/25/2015 01:47 AM CST

(Consider this an In-Character post from Hapenlok)
To the Drakes' Vanguard, General Svardin Odinsmane commanding,

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I, Hapenlok of Whenimer's Landing do hereby formally declare my resignation from the Drakes' Vanguard. and the Drakes' Shock Infantry.

There are reasons many why i feel it necessary to take this action. Suffice it to say, i have watched with pain that the organization that i was invited to join roughly two years ago, be tarnished by the actions of a select few. with little or no consequences to themselves as it pertains to this organization. While i am prepared to personally forgive them their actions, and perhaps begrudgingly admit that they may have ....redeemed themselves in certain cases...i cannot forget what they have done either. I warned months ago, there would be consequences to their actions. I was ignored. Now, matters may be worse.....for the Drakes and for this town.

Another reason for my resignation is my present difficulties in dealing with the effects of my travels to the Shadow Valence. The side effects among those of us who went there are varied among the participants. For my part? it is all i can do, to keep from losing control. I fear that the effects are worsening for me, I have been haunted by visions. Visions of past sins that i committed. I have to confess, that over the past years, my grip on sanity has been....tenuous at best. My abilities have grown greatly in the two years since I've become acquainted with you all, consequently, i have also become more dangerous to those around me....if i lose control....the potential for great harm exists to those i still consider my friends.

My journey lies on a different path than the Drakes'. It was a pleasure fighting alongside you all. But all things must end. I hope that in parting, that we can remain friends.

Please convey this message to the appropriate Clerks in Moot Hall.

By my hand,

Hapenlok

(OOC Note: Thanks for inviting me into your home, Svardin....the OOC Reason I'm leaving is honestly...i really haven't contributed a whole lot to the group since i was inducted. I haven't been around for events, and really i haven't been playing GS4 as much in the past couple of months. the storyline didn't help much either. since i kinda stayed in character most of the time, and honestly, on an IC basis, there was no way Hapenlok was going to be involved in a group hunt with two Cross followers. But honestly, no matter how hapenlok feels, I, Andrew, the player....love all of you guys.....despite how insane that statement makes me sound. )