Ord an Dragan Spirit Night Wrap Up 11/01/2015 07:46 AM CST
Hi all,

We want to thank all who came out to enjoy Spirit Night with Ord an Dragan. The Baile courtyard was transformed by the glowing flames and embers of the bonfire and the cool air and clear night sky made for a perfect evening for spooky stories, poems, songs and mischievous tricks.

Not surprisingly, we had some very talented guests that kept us all entertained and I have provided their works below.

Baile Dragan, Courtyard - 23834]
In the center of the courtyard a white tower rises skyward, light flickering in the windows. Mossy pathways meander among the quiet oak trees leading from door to door in the circular structure that encloses the area. A small pond, its surface dotted with floating candles, is nestled near some flower patches. Living sapling benches, formed by intertwining branches near a stone shrine, offer places to sit and enjoy the night air. Somewhere nearby an owl hoots his nighttime refrain. You also see a mug of tangy apple mead, a handful of nutty toffee popcorn, a varnished pale oak cart with some stuff on it, some espaliered fruit trees, a moon-carved door, some double ebonwood doors, a dragon-carved door, a tankard-carved door and a small fire burning within a ring of multi-colored rocks.
Obvious paths: out.

A shrouded figure floats in on a mysterious grey blanket of fog, and a raspy, disembodied voice fills the air around you, reciting, "Spirit Night celebrations are in progress in the Baile Dragan courtyard! Tricks! Treats! Stories - and more! Costumes optional!" Abruptly a skeletal arm bursts from the figure's shroud-draped sleeve, one bony finger pointing directly at you. "YOU!" the voice commands, "Drag your carcass to the courtyard before the end is nigh!" With that, the shrouded figure disappears into the night.

Khristal lifts a verdigrised copper boatswain's call strung on a silvery cord hanging from her neck, taking it off.
Speaking to Khristal, Aoife asks, "Warrior tricks, eh?"
Khristal raises the boatswain's call to her lips and blows steadily through the mouthpiece, emitting a shrill screech.
Khristal tosses a verdigrised copper boatswain's call strung on a silvery cord around her neck.
Aoife covers her ears.
Khristal rolls forward, then springs to her feet, ready again for action!
Khristal gathers up a saw-toothed silvery rolaren backsword, a brown leather-handled poignard and a drake dagger in her hands. One by one, she tosses them in the air where they flip end over end until all of the weapons are airborne. Khristal catches each one as they fall and sends them back in the air, creating a dazzling aerobatic display.
Khristal continues to artfully juggle her three weapons.
Khristal stops juggling, carefully catching each weapon as it falls. Khristal returns the weapons to where she found them.
Khristal grins.

Queti suddenly fades into view.
Queti traces a series of glowing runes while chanting an arcane phrase...
Queti gestures.
Queti suddenly disappears.
Queti suddenly fades into view.
Queti exclaims, "Tada!"

Smurch asks, "What are you supposed to be?"
Smurch squints at Ferndrake.
(Ferndrake pretends to munch on grass underneath an oak tree.)
Smurch nods at Ferndrake.
Smurch says, "Ahhhh."
(Ferndrake obnoxiously bleats at Smurch.)

Cryheart sings melodically:
"I was walking down the road, one Ebon's eve, when a ghost began to follow me, spectrally as ye please
I turned around and saw it aglow, then it ran to me as it began to snow
and ye know what I had to say of fright?, the only thing I could ask was, how is your night?"

Burbul recites:
"There once was a halfling, of bald head and bold heart
on many occaision he did depart
with much regret he did despair
until he remembered the good time he'd given Lorminstra
and knew her favor his spirit could repair"

Burbul recites:
"A human from Honneland led us one night
into some caverns with demons of fright
but so steadfast was the one they call Cryheart
that not one of us that night did depart"

Chamorr recites heartily:
"' Creaky floors and squeaky doors
shadows in corners
And webblings waft across the face
into the closet
to dissapear without a trace"

You see Mistress Chemaine Luyshen the Healer.
She appears to be a Half-Elf.
She appears to be very young. She has green eyes and fair skin. She has long, braided black hair.
She has a soaring green dragon tattoo on her thigh, and a shooting star tattoo on her finger.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a thin red leather collar with a tiny silver bell, a white leather mask with delicately painted grey whiskers, a petal-painted pink silk bag with pale cork handles, and a fluffy white fur costume.

Chamorr gathers up a deep purple falchion and a chromatic glaes broadsword in his hands. One by one, he tosses them in the air where they flip end over end until all of the weapons are airborne. Chamorr catches each one as they fall and sends them back in the air, creating a dazzling aerobatic display.
Chamorr places his purple falchion on his foot, then straightens. With a deft kick, he sends the falchion into the air, causing it to arch nicely and land in his shoulder sheath!

Bunie shows Tykeara her pumpkin-shaped sack.
Bisco shows Tykeara his pumpkin-shaped sack.
Bunie says, "Maybe we should trick em, Bisco."
Bisco rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Bisco nods.
Bunie grins crookedly.
Chemaine waves to Kerven.
Speaking to Bunie, Bisco says, "I think sos."
Bisco hefts his cherry pie high above his head and tosses it directly at Burbul! The pie sails through the air and hits Burbul square in the face. Sticky pie filling drips slowly from the tip of his nose.
Bisco exclaims, "Hah!"
A teeny flour-covered halfing baker's apprentice emerges from Bisco's beard and begins to scale the length of his facial hair. Panting, the baker's apprentice finishes his climb and wipes the sweat from his brow before disappearing back into Bisco's beard.
Bunie applauds.
Bisco exclaims, "Tricks or treat!"

Burbul recites:
"Ghosts, mummies, zombies, and spiders
Black Gates, spirits, ghouls, and gore
Yet nothing scares me most like the gruesome face of Chamorr"

Speaking to you, Aoife exclaims, "Here's our trick!"
(Aoife Climbs onto Bear's back and waits.)
(Chamorr holds Aoife's hands.)
(Chamorr balances Aoife on his shoulders.)
Chamorr smiles nervously as Aoife climbs onto the top of his head, balancing on one foot, he holds tight
The voice of Aoife softly exclaims, "Whoosh! Whoosh! I'm a bat!"
Tykeara mutters or_batty.
The voice of Aoife softly exclaims, "Whooosh!"
The voice of Aoife exclaims, "Lemme down, Bear!"
Smurch falls over.
Aoife falls over.
Chamorr falls over.
Chamorr struggles to stand, but fails.
Aoife laughs at Chamorr!
Tykeara grins at Chamorr.

Zombie Apocalypse (40 of them!):
The fuse on a violet firework burns away into the body of the firework.
The fuse on a green firework burns down further, issuing a torrent of multi-colored sparks.
Glittering points of pink light erupt in the nighttime sky to form a huge scintillating zombie before slowly winking out.
Glittering points of golden light erupt in the nighttime sky to form a huge scintillating zombie before slowly winking out.
Glittering points of black light erupt in the nighttime sky to form a huge scintillating zombie before slowly winking out.
Glittering points of white light erupt in the nighttime sky to form a huge scintillating zombie before slowly winking out.

Jersea recites:

"Once upon a time--perhaps last week--there was a supremely evil dark elven sorcerer. Oh, you can say, 'Is there any other kind?', but this man surpassed them all in wickedness and in passionate devotion to Luukos. His name was--"

Jersea says, "Sixamra."

"But even the darkest may have companions and allies, and so it was with Sixamra. One of his most constant companions was another dark elven sorcerer, though one touched by Sheru rather than by Luukos. His name was Reiztes the Mad."

"Long and long did the two bring misery, insanity and undeath into the lands. But at last the day came when the two met their match.""

"The Landing was invaded by a flood of Bregandian warriors and necromancers of semi-divine strength--and before it was over, Sixamra and Reiztes had spent their last favors, and were dead for aye and for all.""

"After death, the souls of the two sped to Luukos' realm. Reiztes was less than pleased about that--he had wanted to serve Sheru even after death, and it was something of a blow to learn that the only road, after death, to the Realm of Insanity, was through Luukos' kingdom."

"But Luukos refused them admittance. "

"I can't have these two in my kingdom!" he complained to the other Arkati. "Why, they'd discombobulate the place in a week, and they'd be striving to become rulers of the realm in two! Away with them!"

"Well, they don't deserve the peace of MY kingdom," retorted Gosaena. "They would bring chaos with them. And enough souls in my realm have already suffered at their hands--I will not have them suffer more. What say you, Lorminstra?"

"The Gatekeeper shook her head. "Nay, they do not deserve to pass my gates.""

"The Arkati debated for an unimaginably long time. At last, Jastev suggested that, since the two were too evil for Gosaena and Lorminstra, and too power-hungry for Luukos, they should spend their eternity in a section of Purgatory--which, by coincidence, bore a strange resemblance to Wehnimer's Landing."

"Sixamra awoke, every bone and muscle screaming at him, flat on his back in the wreckage of a slum. "

"It was quite the foulest and filthiest place he'd ever been in, and it stank of garbage and rot and some things his fastidious nose preferred not to identify.""

"He was deeply puzzled, for his last memory was of fighting a Bregandian arch-necromancer at the North Gate of the Landing. "

"Then he frowned. Obviously, the demons of the void had spirited his mind and soul away, and some prankish youngster had dragged his soulless body this vile place. Well, the world would have one less fool in it come sunset.""

"Sixamra staggered to his feet-and almost immediately fell down again. "

"This happened repeatedly for a few minutes. Doubtless the demons of the void were playing with his sense of balance, making him clumsy and sluggish.""

"He searched here, there and everywhere in the labyrinthine tenement, but he could not find the exit. Finally, he stumbled into a decaying bedroom--and saw a hideous, dog-faced kobold facing him, staring at him with beady little eyes.""

"Oh, now, really,' Sixamra thought. 'This is too much. A Faendryl sorcerer being dragged into a foul nest of kobolds? Despicable."

"He waved an imperious hand. "Begone, idiotic creature!" he said to the kobold.""

"At least, that's what he TRIED to say to the kobold. "

"What he actually said was, "Blarrrgh! I'se sure is ugly!""

"Sixamra stopped in horror. No. No, it wasn't possible that he'd said that he was "

"But, as he drew nearer to the kobold, he saw that what he feared was true. He was not looking at a living kobold, but at his own reflection in a mirror."

""Whossoever hass curssed me will ssuffer for it greatly!" he tried to hiss. "

"But it came out, "I'se so sawry.""

"Sixamra didn't want to think about the implications of his inability to say anything that a normal kobold wouldn't be able to say. Instead, he tore himself away from the mirror, and continued searching for a way out of this nightmare."

"He finally found a way out in the kitchen. That was also where he discovered Reiztes--or at least a kobold with Reiztes' insane expression in its beady black eyes--devouring a mud sandwich."

"By means of gestures and pictures scratched in the dirt floor of the kitchen, Sixamra and Reiztes managed, in some primitive fashion, to communicate, though neither one could explain their present predicament. "

"It was Reiztes' idea that they should go out and prove to the Landing that, evil curse or no, they were still a force to be feared. Perhaps this would convince someone to betray whoever had so bewitched them. "

"Sixamra agreed, and so they left the slum and made their way into the kobold village...

"As they stumbled through the hedges, their eyes flickering this way and that as they searched for anyone suspicious, Reiztes let out a low cry. Coming toward them were two of their greatest irritants--the rogue Dohrnara and the bardess Trefon.""

"Immediately, the two Faendryl-turned-kobolds began chanting the vilest of spells as the women watched them in bemusement. Completing the spells, they gestured at their foes

"And nothing happened.""

"Kobolds are so cute when they try to do magic, don't you think?" said Dohrnara to Trefon as they strolled away.""

"Yes," smiled Trefon. "And funny, too.""

"You can imagine the horror of Sixamra and Reiztes at this point. Not only were they now kobolds--a distinct comedown for two full-blooded Faendryl--but they were also powerless."

"The only weapons left to them were their minds--and even at that, Sixamra thought to himself sourly, Reiztes' mind was somewhat less than logical, thanks to Sheru's 'enlightening' Reiztes with the shadows of insanity. If they were to get out of this mess, it would probably be up to him."

"By means of gestures and signs, he commanded Reiztes to go to Hearthstone to seek out some of their erstwhile colleagues--such as Ailyl and Naevlis, for instance."

"As for himself, he was going to the Shrine of Luukos beneath the Coastal Cliffs. Now was the time to implore Luukos for help, if it ever was.""

"Sixamra had a long and dangerous trek of it. More than once he narrowly escaped being struck by the wildly flailing blade of a youngster who had spotted what looked like suitable prey. "

"But at long last, he made his way underground. Dodging a swarm of orcs, he scuttled down the hidden passageway to Luukos' Shrine and knelt before the altar. "

"""Vat iss ziss?" hissed a voice from the darkness, as a red jewel shimmered in and out of the shadows. "How daress a kobold to defile zis holy spot?"

"Kerven! The very one who had converted him to Luukos! How fortunate that this man, above all others, should be here!""
"In his impatience and desperation, Sixamra tried to speak. "It is I, Sixamra," he tried to say in dark elven."

"Unfortunately, it came out, "Blarrgh! I'se aiming at him!"-pointing vaguely at the altar."

"Kobold or not, you vill pay for zat!" Kerven shouted, emerging from the shadows."

"Sixamra gesticulated wildly, tracing signs and pictures stating what had happened. He could see, about halfway through, that Kerven understood what he was saying. For a moment, he dared to let himself hope."

"Then Kerven frowned. "Sixamra must haff been training you for zome time," he said thoughtfully. "I neffer vould haff believed that a mere kobold could display even a limited amount of intelligence. Now, I vonder-vat is he plotting? Und vy did he send you to me? Because I vould make the best use of you? Or because he hoped that I vould be fooled as vell?"

"As Kerven stood deliberating, Sixamra scuttled out of the chute and out of the underground shrine. "

"It was no use appealing to his former allies, he realized bitterly. Their minds were as serpentine as the snake-god they served. They would never believe in something so straightforward as his being turned into a kobold. He didn't believe it himself-and he WAS the kobold."

"A very battered Reiztes met him on the merchant road. He had fared no better at Hearthstone, having been webbed, bound, blinded, thumped and stunned by a Lord Snert and a Lady You-Know-Who before someone, realizing that a kobold who was attempting to talk might bear a message from a Grand Mage, had freed him."

"There is no help for it," Sixamra said via sign language to his fellow kobold. "Obviously, we must have offended the gods in some way. We must go to Teras, to the Temple of Luukos, where I shall pray for our deliverance.""

"If that does not work, we can go to the Sheruvian Monastery and you can pray to the Jackal there. But first things first.""

"Reiztes, having no better suggestions, agreed."

"It took considerable ingenuity for the two to stow away on the Glaesan Star, and to avoid the other passengers for the eternity that the trip took. But at last the ship docked, and as the passengers scrambled to get off, no one noticed a pair of kobolds furtively sneaking off as well."

"Slowly, slowly, they made their way into the Temple of Luukos, creeping through the wind tunnel and trying desperately to dodge the wind wraiths, lost souls surrounded by black clouds of hate and rage. Sixamra had always envied the undead he had never detested any until this moment.""

"At last they reached the altar, where Sixamra knelt and prayed. "My blood for thee, Lord Luukos. My life for thee, Lord Luukos. My soul for thee, Lord Luukos. Do with them as you please, for only the Serpent's infinite wisdom may guide me and make me complete.""

"Sixamra awoke with a splitting headache and a vague memory of a prayer that hadn't gone so well. "

"As he shook his head to clear it, he heard a cry of fear--could it be Reiztes?--coming from somewhere nearby. He glanced up, and saw the biggest, ugliest kobold he'd ever seen glaring down at him."

"Well, you two certainly messed that up," said the kobold in an exasperated voice. "The next time you're refused entrance to Luukos' Realm, you might ask yourself why first, before you offend him even more."

"Now get up. You have quite a few youngsters to dispatch to the demonic regions before you die again today, so you'd better start making your quota. Understand?" The kobold waved a menacing shepherd's crook under Sixamra's nose."

"Sixamra, cold realization flooding him, tried valiantly to say, "Yes, I understand." But it came out:"

"Baaaa."

Speaking softly to her translucent sphere, Sirona asks, "Spirit sphere, tell us, have we been haunted by spirits about us this night?"
Sirona shakes your translucent sphere vigorously! Within the night black glass, miniature multicolored fireworks explode in an array of reds, greens, and golds. One by one, motes of multicolored light blink into existence within the sphere and begin to coalesce into recognizable shapes. The light pauses momentarily on the answer "Most certainly" before bursting into tiny multicolored specks which quickly dissipate.
Sirona softly says, "Ohh."
Sirona softly says, "Most certainly."

Balantine recites quietly:
"Evening comes and dims the light
Again the spirits stir from rest
To wreak their havoc, spook and fright
And put our courage to the test"

"Across the darkness Lornon stalks
The blood red moon shall play its part
As shadows wander on their walks
To grip in ice our racing heart"

"The rain and wind does howl and wail
Announcing flood and hurricane
And for one night the gales prevail
In their destuction, fear and pain"

"The tall, stout modwirs bend and break
The storm descends its murky shroud
While evil hides and plots to take
The innocent within its cloud"
"Then from catacombs they rise
In numbers that reveal their power
The dead appear with no disguise
When time draws near the fateful hour"

"Between the roar of thunder peals
The sound of creeping whispers near
Deep from the Vipershroud it steals
To hunt the ones we hold so dear"

"The night bell tolls, the watchman cries
And as the tower bell still rings
Panic rains down from the skies
"Evil comes on leather wings!""

"Some choose to fight, some choose to flee
But most cannot face madness down
Covering their eyes refuse to see
The legend horror come to town"

"And of this night the bards still tell
Of terror and its victory
Of blood and gore and those who fell
And those enslaved at his decree"

"Thus for one eve the good retreat
yeilding the night to Lornon's pawn
And one brief night the Darkness reigns
But with Liabo comes the dawn!"
Balantine raises his fist defiantly.

"Long ago, near here, frolicked a dragon by the sea
He was young for a dragon, but older than me
His scales were dark black, the color of night
And when kappas would see him, they swam far with fright."

"He lived alone in a cave by the shore
And spent his days playing, flying loops, rolls and more
Racing the fenvoaks he dived from the sky
And then with a swoop, would climb just as high."

"Day after day near the cliffside he flew
Casting a shadow as large as he grew
Wondering why all who saw him would run
All he wanted was to play and have fun."

"One day as he glided o'er the coast
He spied a young nymph more beautiful than most
He hid in the rocks so that she would nae run
Then she lay down on the beach to soak up the sun."

"He thought her a princess, such was her grace
He peeked o'er the boulder to get a view of her face
She lay with eyes closed so silent and still
So close he could touch her if that was his will."

"Now as he leaned closer, a great shadow he made
Which blocked out her sun, she was cooled by the shade
She suddenly sat up and her eyes opened wide
Staring at a smile and the huge teeth inside."

"Stunned by the vision, she froze fast with fear
Attempting a scream, but nae sound could she hear
For the monster let forth a terrible roar
Startled, wings spread in order to soar."

"Her eyes big as saucers froze him fast to the rock
Those dark eyes were like the key to his lock
He needed a friend, and chose now to begin
Still staring at her, he saw her courage within."

"He rested his head next to where she lay down
On top the black scales made a sort of a crown
Still unmoving she wondered if this beast was a prince
His actions seemed peaceful, but took more to convince."

"His form although fearful caused her confusion
She thought he seemed friendly, was that an illusion?
She heard tales of magic which offered disguise
But if she were wrong, her decision's unwise."

"Still something within her she couldn't explain
Made her desperate urge for escape to restrain
He seemed almost gentle just resting nearby
She wondered what it would feel like to fly. "

"They soon became friends and met every day
By the sea in the sand and the waves they would play
He performed all his tricks, a dazzling sight
And she leaped rock to rock, mimicing his flight."

"It was almost a year when the vessels appeared
Mighty warships, an armada to their beach had been steered
A krolvin invasion had come to their land
Destruction and evil lay close at hand."

"She must find a way to save her people from strife
Even if it meant losing her life
Summoning her courage, to the dock she then strode
To save all her people and her peaceful abode."

"The dragon hid in the rocks seeing the numerous sails
wondering how many would traipse up these trails
The weapons and armor were scary to see
But he could nae leave his damsel and flee."

"Her plan was to offer herself as a guide
And steer away the fleet with the tide
She knew that this may cost her last breath
Yet vowed to endure either prison or death."

"The admirial's rowboat drew steadily near
And when close enough for voices to hear
From behind the boulder the dragon arose
Spreading his wings, snorting steam from his nose."

"In the rowboat began a wonderous panic
The sailors reversed, and rowed away manic
The admirial shouted this was a mistake
And fleeing in haste left only his wa

"Her bravery and valor were plain to her friend
But none else would have known this story's end
Save a quiet old bard looking on from his wagon
As she whispered to herself, "Don't fear the dragon"."

""Children mind your parents, and stray not far from home
But if ye should adventure, go not forth alone
For Lornon's eve approaches when spirits do awake
To wander though the darkness, the innocent to take.""

""The eldest bards remember, though few are left to tell
The fate of woe and misery The Lord of Rats befell
In life he was a ranger, dangerous and mean
In death condemned to wander, seldom to be seen.""

""Hunting in the sewers he preyed upon the weak
Hiding in the shadows, pain and death he'd seek
So evil was his heart, no mercy would he show
He left a trail of blood wherever he would go.""
""The trail became a trickle and then became a stream
His favorite part of hunting was listening to the scream
Their bodies he would leave for rats until the bones were clean
At times he'd play his pipe for them, to call them to the scene.""

""One day he came upon a child who had a golden key
With elvish eyes that looked at him and smiled knowingly
'A curse you bring upon yourself, I warn you of your fate
Ebon's gate you shall not pass until you purge your hate.'""

""His evil ways continued, slaying who he pleased
And living with the rats, he soon became diseased
And when his life was over, so strong his evil will
The catacombs he wanders, his spirit is there still.""

""Hiding in the shadows, his pipe the rats still call
to clean the bones of those who underground do fall
And searching for the weak, to whisper in their ear:
'Beware the Lord of Rats!' and stop their heart with fear

""Children mind your parents, and stray not far from home
But if ye should adventure, go not forth alone
For Lornon's eve approaches when spirits do awake
To wander though the darkness, the innocent to take.""

Again, we thank all the guests for celebrating Spirit Night with us and hope see all at our next Ord an Dragan event.