reactivated need lich help 03/31/2022 06:12 AM CDT
Hello,

I reactivated two days ago and am slowly getting the hang of various things but I'm not sure with a bunch of lich stuff.

Firstly, since I installed lich I no longer seem to be saving any log files. Do I have to download a specific file from repository? Where are lich character logs stored?

What do I download in repository to see the spells currently active on my character?

How do I set lich so others can see the spells active on me, and I see theirs?

How do I auto spell up (for my cleric) and renew spells I drop, or renew spells that drop on someone in my group?

How can people find the room I am in, how can I find the room people are in?

How does sloot work exactly? I have it downloaded but it's been a while.

Any other files recommended for a warrior, THW and brawl. Or just in general. Lich is so complex that I'm a bit overwhelmed right now. I used it years ago, but unlike game mechanics which I've known since ca. 1996 using lich doesn't come automatically for me yet.

Marc aka Caran...
Re: reactivated need lich help 03/31/2022 12:47 PM CDT
Logs:

If Wraythe works the same as SF, you set up log files in the windows you want logged in the Windows panel, click the 3.5inch floppy disk to toggle it off or to turn it on/change logging location. If not, I've just confused you and I'm sorry. I've got a Mac...

There is a lich ;log script, too - which I find far more convenient PLUS it names files with dates, instead of increments only. Highly superior for that reason alone.

SPELL ACTIVE is the command to see your spells. No Lich needed. But there is a ;magic command you can use that is baked into Lich, no download needed. There's a nice heads up Front End window that will give you a visual bar reading for what spells you have on too. I believe it is called the active spells window.

;lnet help
will give you the syntax for all the various settings of what it encompasses, including how ;lnet allow works for locations, spells and stuff. No download needed, it is baked into Lich, too.

;waggle
is the script to download to buff you or others (you need to set it up tho)

I leave the rest of the questions for people who know the answers...I quite agree, Lich is quite the learning curve to throw on top of GS's already huge learning curve!

the ;whatis script should help you with some of the jargon/lingo/abbreviations/initialisms that people throw around all the time, too. I wish I'd had it when I came back to GS. Of course, it needs updating now, so someday I will get to that again. ;whatis SWCW

Also: LOOT ROOM is now a thing. I have not used a looting script since that update happened!

There were a LOT of updates and development over the last 2+ years. LOTS of them have been incredible quality of life fixes like LOOT ROOM was. Catch up with the specifics and the reference links to them at Miss Leafiara's Changelog at the TownCrier web site. (2019 - current)

https://gstowncrier.com/category/gsiv_changelog/

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: reactivated need lich help 04/01/2022 07:18 AM CDT
Thank you. Got the logs to work now. I will look into other scripts as I go along. Indeed hard enough to figure all the changes to the game itself, so I will go step by step :-) .

Marc aka Caran...