Problems installing Lich 10/24/2020 11:48 PM CDT

Followed all the directions, eliminated all the Ruby and Lich files... that I could find... the directions say about the Ruby files "(they should be located in the root C:\ drive folder)". I have searched and searched but if there are some files hidden in there, I have not been able to find a way to see exactly what is in there... I have no idea how to make sure i got them all out of there.

Bottom line, it always stops at "Finishing Installation". Locks there forever (have left it overnight on a couple instances.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Re: Problems installing Lich 10/25/2020 02:11 AM CDT
I might be able to help.

But I am honestly not sure how that message is getting presented. What is it you're running (the name of the file) that says 'finishing installation'?

Doug
Re: Problems installing Lich 10/25/2020 07:40 AM CDT

I am running Windows 10 and am following the directions given in the wiki article on installing Lich... https://gswiki.play.net/Lich_(software) ...that is where the "(they should be located in the root C:\ drive folder)" quote came from.

If you can help, I would be most grateful!
Re: Problems installing Lich 10/25/2020 10:21 AM CDT
I will be happy to. I am highly interested, because that process seems to use the installer that I built - and if it is the installer that's doing that it will be my first experience with it acting this way. So I am curious.

Let's do our troubleshooting a bit closer to real time, though. Drop me an email (doug@play.net) and let's see if we can get this working either in discord or in email.

Doug
Re: Problems installing Lich 10/25/2020 07:13 PM CDT

Thanks! Will do!