Returning to the lands, can't get lich to work. a little help please? 01/12/2019 07:03 PM CST

Maybe its the passage of time but I don't have permissions to post in that other forum. I DL'd lich and Ruby per the instructions. when I try to run lich i get a message to DL sqlit3. When I press "Yes" i get a message that reads "Can't find gem.bat....." There are two gem files in the folder, but neither is a gem.bat file I guess. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Re: Returning to the lands, can't get lich to work. a little help please? 01/13/2019 08:40 AM CST
Welcome back, Telsire.

What you're describing means you downloaded a version of Ruby higher than 2.0 . By itself, not a problem. If you go into the command prompt and change directory (CD) to the directory those gem commands are in, you can type

gem install sqlite3
gem install gtk2

one at a time. After the second command finishes, you should be able to close up the command prompt, and continue to start lich just as the instructions said. Let me know if it doesn't work, or you need more help. And if you get a chance, swing by the Discord forum for more realish-time assistance.

https://discord.gg/MgZgEV

Doug
Re: Returning to the lands, can't get lich to work. a little help please? 01/13/2019 11:28 AM CST

Thanks for the great info, Doug! I couldnt make that second command work but I gleaned a hint off your post, uninstalled the later version of lich and DL'd a lich 2.0 version. when running the second gem install, one of the items it was trying to fetch didn't "fetch". I have lich working now but my script folder is completely empty. When I try to run ;repository there is nothing found. So like i said, I went to the folder lich isa looking in for the scripts and it is indeed empty. What's my fix for this? Thanks for the help. I'll get logged on to discord soon... next weekend I guess.
Re: Returning to the lands, can't get lich to work. a little help please? 01/13/2019 01:58 PM CST

Nm about the missing files. I found them in a different directory and moved them over.