Exporting Character to Tsoran Trainer (excel spreadsheet) 02/28/2017 12:10 PM CST
I like to use the Tsoran spreadsheet and was wondering if it's up to date and working well? I've not played for three years and there may be an alternative today that I'm not aware of.

Is it possible to export character information to the spreadsheet?

Thanks,
C
Re: Exporting Character to Tsoran Trainer (excel spreadsheet) 02/28/2017 02:08 PM CST
>I like to use the Tsoran spreadsheet and was wondering if it's up to date and working well? I've not played for three years and there may be an alternative today that I'm not aware of.

To my knowledge, the spreadsheet still works fine. There could be a few minor things here and there on it that I'm not aware of. The rate your stats increase and training point costs for skills seem to be spot on as far as I can tell. I still use the spreadsheet when I'm working on a character build.

>Is it possible to export character information to the spreadsheet?

I do believe it is possible still. I know I've done it once....or maybe I used the spreadsheet to import my skills into the game so it auto leveled up my skills when I was checked-in at the inn????

Now I don't remember. I suppose someone else will come along with a proper answer for your second question.

-Drumpel
Re: Exporting Character to Tsoran Trainer (excel spreadsheet) 02/28/2017 02:24 PM CST
>>or maybe I used the spreadsheet to import my skills into the game

This one. The options with all the Tsoran-based trainers with which I'm familiar allow for importing data from prior versions of spreadsheets, but do not have an option to import an extract from somewhere else. They do also generate 'migration scripts' (importing skills into the game).

Fortunately, it is the work of 10 minutes to get current characters set up in the trainer - so it's not a total waste, and the trainer is still one of the better training predictors. The only gaps are very recent changes to spells / lores / skills.

Doug
Re: Exporting Character to Tsoran Trainer (excel spreadsheet) 02/28/2017 03:55 PM CST
What I'd really like is a lighter weight alternative, a training spreadsheet that's just about stats, basic info, skills, and TPs. I hardly ever look at the other tabs, partly because I'm skeptical how up-to-date everything is. If anyone knows of any, I'd be keen to know.
Re: Exporting Character to Tsoran Trainer (excel spreadsheet) 02/28/2017 06:18 PM CST
>What I'd really like is a lighter weight alternative, a training spreadsheet that's just about stats, basic info, skills, and TPs. I hardly ever look at the other tabs, partly because I'm skeptical how up-to-date everything is. If anyone knows of any, I'd be keen to know.

I use https://gs4chart.cfapps.io for that