Lich Support and recommendations 02/20/2017 11:45 AM CST
I've got lich running well (with some help from Doug) and am ready to do more. I've got a few questions and will list them below.

1) My first character that I logged in on lich with runs great. All my other characters throw an error saying they can't find LOG or can't LOG in a pop up window and when in game there's a message saying something like server: <password missing>. Not sure how to get a password input or what the password is. Other than that they run fine.

2) Narost: I can't figure out how to open a map that I'm not standing on. For example; I want to begin in WL TSC but pull up a Solhaven map where I can select a room and either ;go2 <room #> or click on the room in narost. Are there input commends for that?

3) Go2: How do I input go2 asking for targets on a certain map. For example; Yesterday I typed in ;Go2 lyserian hoping to get rooms for the lyserian map instead I received a single room that may or may not even be on that map. It was the only option.

4) I can't remember the names of some specific files that I used to run. They did Rogue the following:
Rogue Guild Skills/travel to guilds/automatic password entry.
Looting deaders, skinning and stowing loot.
Selling loot.
Forging.
Arrow Making.
Spell ups.
Herbs, list of what to eat and I think automatically eating for the injury.

5) /r or \r. One of these repeats the last command typed in but I've tried both...not having luck. Maybe it's because I was too worried about getting pasted and fat fingered them. What's the proper command?

6) Simple scripting:
I'll look for the help on this. I know there are some pages out there with instructions and even this TOPIC probably has it. In the meantime I need a refresher on simple stuff like how to make a script for Sheathing weapon, Getting knife from ankle sheath, kneel, skin with right, stand, put knife away, loot, and gird. It's a lot to ask but if someone reads this and has just a second to show an example of how he/she would write it I'd appreciate it.

I think that's it. All in all I'm glad it's working well and the travelling scripts alone are saving me a ton of carpal tunnel.

Thanks, C
Re: Lich Support and recommendations 02/20/2017 12:21 PM CST

1. Not sure
2. Right click the map for options. This would include picking other maps or adding tags for specific forables on your current map. You can also shift+leftclick on a room to have a description of it pop up in game.
3. Your approach was right. I'm surprised you didn't get more hits. Maybe a ;go2 lyserian hills would have given you more. I use this approach all the time since you don't need to know the room number or for example if a merchant sends out a crier saying they are in Mist harbor, firefly villa. ;go2 firefly villa (and I keep narost open so I can watch the path go2 takes me so I continue to learn where things are in relation to others)
4a. You can add your rogue password to ;go2.
4b. ;loot or ;sloot are the most popular
4c. Be careful on having selling loot automated...but ;sloot can do this.
4d&e. Not sure
4f. I love ;waggle
4g I don't use this one much but ;useherbs list is something I open when i'm in an unfamiliar town and am not sure the corresponding herb.
5. In a macro \r tells the game to hit enter after inputting that command. For repeating commands you have ctrl+enter for repeat last and alt+enter for repeating second to last.
Re: Lich Support and recommendations 02/20/2017 12:42 PM CST
It is actually spell lysierian.
Re: Lich Support and recommendations 02/22/2017 06:33 PM CST
>6) Simple scripting

One way is with a Wizard/StormFront script through your client.
Documentation: https://www.play.net/dr/play/stormfront_scripting.asp

For example, you can create a "skin" script with the following code
PUT sheathe
PUT get knife from my ankle sheath
PUT kneel
PUT skin %1 with knife
PUT stand
PUT put my knife in my ankle sheath
PUT gird
PUT loot

Then you can ".skin critter".

You can also make a lich script by creating a separate file in the appropriate directory.
Documentation: https://gswiki.play.net/Lich_scripting_reference

For a simple sequence of commands a lich script will look fairly similar, "put" works roughly the same way and to reference a command line variable I believe you would use "variable[1]" instead of "%1".
put "sheathe";
put "get knife from my ankle sheath";
Re: Lich Support and recommendations 02/22/2017 06:40 PM CST
"put "sheathe";" -- ZhouY1

For clarity, 'sheathe' is a verb (that you do); 'sheath' is the noun into which you do so.
Re: Lich Support and recommendations 02/24/2017 12:36 PM CST
Ok that helps a lot. And I'm having good success with ;go2 ;narost ;waggle and ;sloot2 now. I've not been able to figure out how to input my rogue guild password into ;go2 yet. I'm sure there must be more help or info for ;go2 but I've not found it. I'll read the attached reference script for creating my own simple commands also.

I'm using ;sloot2 to skin. It works well. I'm ironing out some wrinkles with it. One thing I've not figured out is what is the lootsack and how to set it? Is the place where I would store my right hand weapon in order to get the skinning knife in hand? If I have set up my mantle as the place to store all loot with my backpack as overflow through the setup gui then it seems that the "lootsack" is actually the mantle.

There are still some things I've selected wrong I'm sure but I'm happy I haven't accidentally sold or lost my weapon LOL. For example; I will ;sloot2 sell and it does a great job but I end up with gems still in my mantle. I'm not sure yet if these are the gems that came from boxes which were picked vs. gems picked up loose while looting in the field or what.

It concerns me that the script puts my weapon in the mantle instead of sheathing it in the scabbard. I don't know if I can change a setting or if I have to open the script and manually type in SHEATH verb instead of PUT for that command.

One other thing is that I'd like to skin in offensive and stand then go back to defensive automatically. For now it skins in offensive then goes back to the stance I was in before skinning. Probably an easy fix but I've not got it set up correctly yet. Do you know how to do that?

Below is how it looks when I use ;sloot2 to skin.

;sloot2
--- Lich: sloot2 active.
[sloot2]>look in #74721800
In the ankle sheath you see a hunting knife.
R>
[sloot2: warning: attempting to empty hand using lich function but no loostack has been set]
You feel fully energetic again.
>
[sloot2]>inventory containers
You are wearing a black deer skin mantle, a gold-stitched bearskin pack, some tanned doeskin britches, a scabbard, an ankle sheath, and a small traveller's satchel.
>
[sloot2]>put #74721799 in #74721760
You put a glistening vultite morning star in your deer skin mantle.
>
[sloot2]>get #74721801 from #74721800
You remove a hunting knife from in your ankle sheath.
>
[sloot2]>kneel
You kneel down.
K>
[sloot2]>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
K>
[sloot2]>skin #74697926
K>
You skinned the rolton, yielding a rolton pelt.
K>
[sloot2]>stand
You stand back up.
>
[sloot2]>stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
[sloot2]>put my knife in #74721800
You put a hunting knife in your ankle sheath.
>
[sloot2]>search #74697926
You search the rolton.
She had nothing of interest.
A rolton decays into a pile of fur and bone.
>
[sloot2]>get #74725045
You pick up a rolton pelt.
>
[sloot2]>put my pelt in #74721760
You put a rolton pelt in your deer skin mantle.
>
[sloot2]>get #74721799
You remove a glistening vultite morning star from in your deer skin mantle.