LICH 10/16/2016 08:26 AM CDT

I have lich running but I forgot how to get scripts for it. Please help.
Re: LICH 10/16/2016 10:02 AM CDT
In game, check out

;repo help

Doug
Re: LICH 02/17/2017 10:22 PM CST
I'm having trouble with that command. Here's what I see:

>;repo help
--- Lich: could not find script 'repo' in directory C:/Users/Christian and Liz/Desktop/scripts

I don't know how to get connected to be able to access the repository and start downloading scripts
Re: LICH 02/17/2017 11:01 PM CST
In. Con. Ceivable.

I wonder - can you see what version of Lich you're running? You can try ;help and then you may (or may not) have to scroll up to see the version displayed.

Doug
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 12:22 AM CST
It created a second lich folder. I copied all the files into the one above where they landed and it all seemed to work.

Now I'm having different issues. First I had trouble with go2. I'd use it, maybe incorrectly by typing the wrong thing at first but I'd get a list of targets and when I typed it in the message was something like ;go2 is already running use force if desired. I was able to force it to help me get back to town. After that I logged off and in again and now I can't stay in game. This is what I get at log on:

--- Lich: infomon active.
--- Lich: error: Spell.load: No such file or directory - C:/Users/Christian and Liz/Desktop/data/spell-list.xml
[infomon: error: failed to load spell list]
--- Lich: infomon has exited.
--- Lich: alias service started
--- Lich: lnet active.
[repository: Lich is up-to-date]
Yxxxx traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
s>
Yxxxx gestures at Rxxxx.
Rxxxx begins to breathe more deeply.
s>

--- Welcome to LNet. I think so, Mr. Brain, but if the sun'll come out tomorrow, what's it doing right now?

[repository: map database is up-to-date]
Fastidiously preening, a pale-faced coppery barn owl shakes a few crumbs out of his feathers.
s>
[repository: done]
[repository: downloading spell-list.xml...]
s>
[repository: downloading gameobj-data.xml...]
--- Lich: error: Permission denied - (C:/Users/Christian and Liz/Desktop/temp/72078191, C:/Users/Christian and Liz/Desktop/temp/93944927.repo)
repository:943:in `rename'
repository:943:in `block in _script'
--- Lich: repository has exited.
XXXX just arrived.
s>get cal fruit
--- error: server_thread: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
--- Lich: lnet has exited.

* Connection to the game has been lost. You will need to login again to continue playing.
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 12:23 AM CST
BTW: It's version 4.6.38.
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 12:25 AM CST
but wait there's more!

Now "windows can not find SGE.exe" when I try to use that way to log in. I was using lich to logon and maybe that's the issue. Not sure.
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 02:17 AM CST
The 'windows can't find' is probably due to the fact that you linked your Lich login to start your FE. You can try unlinking to see if that helps with that.

I also think the spaces in your directory structure (Christian and Liz) may be causing you challenges. While the SGE should work (if not bulldozed by the Lich Link registry settings) because Windows programs are aware of the windows 'short path' methods, I'm not sure Lich and in particular Ruby will consistently use it.

You can test this by moving the Lich directory to a folder with no spaces. For example, you can try creating a directory C:\GAME, and then copy your Lich directory over to that. If it is spaces that is causing this, even that may not be enough, depending on where you opted to install your Ruby.

I haven't tested this, it's only a theory. But given the erratic behavior you're seeing, I think it might be a good chance. If you're really handy with your system, I'd recommend you uninstall Lich / Ruby / SGE / FE and reinstall them all fresh (to clean up registry settings too), to a directory with no spaces. Again, even though the SGE / FE will use windows library calls, and should be immune to this - I'm not sure Lich / Ruby are. Best to just avoid the spaces. But first, test it.

Doug
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 09:03 AM CST
I'll try that out. I'll try uninstalling also.
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 10:00 AM CST
Ok Doug, I re linked/unlinked then re linked my sge vs website connection and it all seems to be working fine today.
Re: LICH 02/18/2017 10:15 AM CST
Excellent, thanks for letting us know!

Doug