Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 06:47 PM CDT
I've seen the Test Server has been up for the past few days at least, but I can't ever log in due to it being restricted for internal testing purposes? Is it going to be opened up before the annual fixskills so people can play with different builds, to see what they like?
Re: Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 08:02 PM CDT
>I've seen the Test Server has been up for the past few days at least, but I can't ever log in due to it being restricted for internal testing purposes? Is it going to be opened up before the annual fixskills so people can play with different builds, to see what they like?

I can't say I ever recall the test server being open just for allowing people to test out possible builds to utilize with a fixskill.

Usually it's open for a wide system change that impacts a large group of people, so they can play with changes. I wouldn't hold my breath hoping to have the test server available just for a fixskill testing ground.

-Drumpel
Re: Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 08:25 PM CDT
Test server is mainly for system testing, as was said in the post above. It is frequently behind or ahead of the live instances as for changes.

I wouldn't count on it being opened. As I said, it can be ahead of the live instances and un-announced changes might be deployed there.

SGM Sleken
Re: Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 08:25 PM CDT

I'm not saying it should be open for just a fixskill testing ground, but it was open maybe a week ago, or week and a half ago. bummed that it is up, but unavailable. it would be nice as a returning player, who is planning on making a big change, to get a chance to test out that build. unfortunately GSIV has no built in way to test out different builds and ideas without a serious cash/time investment.
Re: Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 08:28 PM CDT
It was open to test reim defense.

>> I wouldn't count on it being opened. As I said, it can be ahead of the live instances and un-announced changes might be deployed there

Oooh! Something... has been confirmed!
Re: Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 08:33 PM CDT
<<Oooh! Something... has been confirmed!>>

It's been confirmed that it is in an unknown state, where characters may or may not be corrupted into oblivion. ;)

SGM Sleken
Re: Test Server Availability? 05/16/2017 08:52 PM CDT
this is a better mechanic than breakage and disarm! Bring on "The Mangler!"

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."