Website browser? 06/26/2020 07:55 PM CDT
Website browser client isnt loading for me....just sits at the GS 4 logo. Was working last night anyone else having issues. My internet is working fine just not the website broswer.
Re: Website browser? 06/26/2020 11:47 PM CDT

same problem here. I can get into game using wizard but prefer web browser. Waiting for a tech to post and give any ideas here
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 12:28 AM CDT
What web browser are you using? Are you using any sort of VPN?

Wyrom, PM
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 01:05 AM CDT

Tried on two different laptops, using safari and chrome. Other people I have talked to on discord also cannot enter using the browser.
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 03:04 AM CDT
This thread is blowing my mind.... I had no idea anyone used the WEB FE for anything other then getting their daily log-in or trying out GS with a F2P account...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 03:08 AM CDT

I play two accounts on the same laptop, so one is running on avalon and the other uses the web broswer. Have any other ideas besides using two laptops which is a huge pain to hunt with.
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 07:02 AM CDT
Web browser is also down for me. It hangs at the logo. I usually use it to get my daily log in. Worked yesterday morning but not yesterday evening or today.
~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 07:17 AM CDT
>I play two accounts on the same laptop, so one is running on avalon and the other uses the web broswer.

I don't utilize avalon - it sounds like you're playing on a Mac???

I can initialize two instances using StormFront on the same computer, does Avalon not allow that? (guess I'm just curious) I log in using the SGE or Lich - either one will open different SF instances for my two accounts if I want to play them at the same time.
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 08:06 AM CDT

I do use a mac and have not been able to get stormfront downloaded. I downloaded stuffit and then stormfront and I get error messages.

Maybe you can help get me stormfront working?
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 08:08 AM CDT

I cant get avalon to allow to instances on my comp, I will probably have to use my wifes laptop and suffer until they fix the browser
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 08:13 AM CDT
>Maybe you can help get me stormfront working?

Doug is the Mac user here that can usually get things going for folks. Not sure myself on how things work on them (I've hated using Macs since my high school days and once those days were over I haven't used one since).

Hopefully he reads this topic or if you start a new one specifically asking for help about getting things running on Macs, he might see that and come and try to provide you with assistance.
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 08:27 AM CDT

Thanks, I have chatted with doug before and he said avalon or lich are the only real choices....i may have to suck it up and get a window laptop, since lich seems to have some really nice features
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 08:35 AM CDT
I did, I did! Dern 64-bit only system design.

But, I would never say you can only log in one character at a time on a Mac.

If I recall, you use Lich. You can start up multiple instances of the Lich login window by using this command in the terminal window:

ruby ./lich/lich.rbw &

Make sure that you use the right path to your lich folder. The ampersand will 'background' the ruby process and return the terminal to you so you can run your next command. Just run it as many times as you need to to log your characters in.

Alternatively, you can open up a second terminal window and just run Lich as before - two windows = two processes.

The only rule is that you have to have separate accounts - but that's true no matter what FE you're using. So if you're using Avalon plus Web FE, that must already be in place.

Doug
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 08:45 AM CDT

I actually just stayed with avalon, since i dont mind typing all that much. But now that i cant log into my two accounts at the same time (normally run avalon with the web broswer). I cant get avalon to let me run two separate accounts. I am gonna go off on a limb and get a windows laptop and install lich and pray that I am smart enough to actually install and use it. Hopefully the community will put up with my stupid tech questions
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 09:09 AM CDT
Ahh, well in this case, if you're not using lich - try this. . .

Open up Avalon twice (or more).

I know, it might sound weird. But Avalon is set up so that it can be run multiple times simultaneously on a computer.

In fact, if it couldn't do this, Lich wouldn't work that way either.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Doug
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 11:41 AM CDT
To run more than one version of Avalon at a time, make a separate version. Go to your applications folder, highlight Avalon, and then duplicate it (under the file menu). It comes up, I think, as Avalon Copy. Then you can leave it that way or rename it. I have three versions (named Avalon, Avalon Two, and Avalon Three), sometimes all running at once. It works with no problems

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 12:51 PM CDT

OMG! you two are my HEROS, and you just saved me from spending money on a laptop! now just have to return it back to the store tomorrow, thanks so much!
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 05:26 PM CDT
It's pretty featureless, but Profanity runs from Terminal mode. So that's always an option for a Mac!

It's what I use now, Profanity with Lich.

But ... pretty featureless :)

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Website browser? 06/27/2020 09:38 PM CDT
I am amused by this because about a week or so ago I noticed that when I just start MSIE on my machine at home, it does nothing. The tab is basically dead, doesn't even respond to F5/reload. (My home page is the Forum login screen.)

But if I am in-game, and use either the 'bbs' command or go through the menu | Simutronics | Message Board | Stay in-game tree, MSIE runs and takes me to the forums just fine (logged in as I should be).

I figured it was just "something stupid happened" with MSIE, and then I see a dozen posts about this all of a sudden. <shrug>