Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/03/2020 07:04 AM CDT

Hi, it's been a 10 year hiatus and upon returning i can't stow my weapon on my scripted back scabbard. Someone please help, this is probably the sole reason i'll leave the game again.

[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
Water flows gently to and fro, splashing against the walls with a barely audible crash. Small bits of foam and debris float idly on its surface, bobbing up and down across the small waves. You also see a navy-banded slate grey targe, the Envim disk, a triton executioner that appears dead and some muck.
Obvious exits: west, northwest
R>sea ex
You search the triton executioner.
You discard the executioner's useless equipment.
She had 127 silvers on her.
You gather the remaining 127 coins.
She had a yellow dreamstone on her!
Interesting, she carried a black crystal on her.
She had nothing else of value.
A triton executioner's body sinks into the water, quickly scattering and dissolving out of sight.
>l
[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
Water flows gently to and fro, splashing against the walls with a barely audible crash. Small bits of foam and debris float idly on its surface, bobbing up and down across the small waves. You also see a black crystal, a yellow dreamstone, a navy-banded slate grey targe, the Envim disk and some muck.
Obvious exits: west, northwest
>open sat
The pitter-patter of rain can be heard outside.
>
You open a veniom-threaded combat utility satchel.
>put warm in back
That simply will not work in the water.
>get cry
You need a free hand to pick that up.
>stow set back
Set "a veniom-banded black leather back-scabbard" to be your default STOW container.
>stow left
That simply will not work in the water.
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/03/2020 08:49 AM CDT
I haven't hunted Ruined Temple, but it looks more likely to be something to do with the room you're in then the script in your scabbard... though it could be both. Is it just fluff scripts in the scabbard or are they something functional?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/03/2020 10:12 AM CDT
I can't make any promises but I am looking into this. Thanks for the bugitem on the back-scabbard.

AGM Netz
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/03/2020 11:30 AM CDT

I might be just to old and set in my ways, but I'm confused why "my" isn't a part of your commands.

Open my satchel.

Put my warm in my back-scabbard.

Anytime I see examples or logs of players doing things without "my" I wince every time.
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/03/2020 03:36 PM CDT
I can confirm that the container you are using has a script that is not compatible with that area. The best I can tell you for an immediate fix is to use a different container that does not have that script while I continue to work on a better solution.

AGM Netz
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/08/2020 05:27 PM CDT
This issue should now be resolved.

FGM Netz
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/08/2020 06:14 PM CDT

oh baby! going to test it out now, will report back, thanks so much!
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/08/2020 06:22 PM CDT

Speed is literally the only reason. If you're not scripting your hunting which most of us never did back in the AOL days. What's difference does saving 4 keystrokes make? well I don't have to explain that.

Regards,
Re: Ruined Temple/Broken Item 04/08/2020 06:47 PM CDT
I think you discount by a factor of "a lot" just how much scripting went on back then...