Script Question 10/12/2019 04:15 PM CDT

I'm recently back after a very long break, and on a new PC. When I played before I had many long scripts I had made, and a hand full of macros. I noticed that the macros still seem to be in tact but the script page on stormfront is blank. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but it never hurts to ask; before I start the lengthy process or rewriting scripts for stormfront, are the scripts not saved server side?
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 09:42 AM CDT
The scripts can be saved on the server side if you want to, but my guess is that you didn't have that set way back when you last played. So unless you have an old backup of your old PC from back then, or saved your scripts locally elsewhere there is no way to recover them.

I highly recommend turning that feature on now though. That way you do not have to worry about whether your current PC has the scripts or not. Saving them server side, allows you to use more than one PC and still have all the scripts you've ever made.

~Contemplar~
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 11:06 AM CDT

I do happen to have a backup of my old stormfront folder on an old PC. Where/what am I looking for?
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 11:42 AM CDT
I am not certain exactly where it may be, but this is from the wiki which might help you recover some of the characters settings.

I was going to say check your Programs/SIMU/StormFront directories and see if you recognize anything, but read this wiki page first to help locate what you need.

https://gswiki.play.net/StormFront#Settings

Once StormFront came out I always stored my settings server side as I knew that if I lost my PC for whatever reason I didn't have to worry about reloading my highlights and scripts.

I hope you can find what you need, otherwise it looks like you may need to brush up StormFront scripting again!

~Contemplar~
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 11:55 AM CDT

I’ll check it out. Thanks for the replies!
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 04:50 PM CDT
The local-saved settings are in an XML file, and that is ALL I remember.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 05:27 PM CDT

Isn't it the Stormfont.xml file? If so, I'm pretty sure it writes by default to C:\Stormfont.xml.
Re: Script Question 10/14/2019 06:35 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure it writes an xml file out - but you have to EXPORT to get the Stormfront.xml.

Seems to me Lost Ranger did some digging to find the config / xml files for Stormfront once, but I'll be daggone if I can remember it.

Something like [Drive]:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Stormfront\[GAME]

Doug