Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/02/2017 01:19 PM CST
I'm not able to put the shield away. Below is the text from guildx for the part where you stow shield. It seems I need to change the %shield% portion or type the variable correctly. The syntax it sends to the game seems correct. WEAR MY %shield%. Except that it puts the %s on the line. Do you know how I correct it?

BTW: This is what my shield looks like;
glance
You glance down to see a black skull in your right hand and a gilded silver phalanx shield trimmed with orderly whorls of golvern thorns in your left hand.
(Do I need just a simple shield?)

SELFstun1SHIELD:
put StuN shield
match SELFstun1%c% You're not stunned
match SELFstun1%c% try to command
match SELFstundone have completed
match SSSHIELDstowshield You already
match SSSHIELDstowshield repetition(s) remaining
matchwait

STUNSHIELDstowshield:
put wear my %shield%
match stun1 You sling
match stun1 already wearing
match stun1 You put
match STUNSHIELDstowshieldWear Wear what?
match SSHIELDstshieldstunned stunned
match SSHIELDstshieldwait wait
matchwait

s>.guildx 2 34 shield skull
[Script guildx is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
* USE .guildx help - for HELP / instructions, and other things, regarding the script.
* 6th variable does not work for help anymore.
>gld StancE off
SOLHAVEN

* Shield - Self Stunman
* Need to have variable (% shield) specified as your "shield". Or ERROR could occur **
* If you have variable (% shield) empty, you will get the "No Match String" found error **
* If you need instructions on variables, Exit the script and start .guildx variables **
>glance
You are now using your guild abilities to their fullest!
s>
You glance down to see a black skull in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
* NOTICE!!!
* This requires variable 4 to be either
* ANKLET or CHAIN or SKULL or RUM (exactly)
* or BRIG or CUIRASS or ARMOR (exactly)
* For instructiosn to remove this notice use REMOVE on the 4th variable
s>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
I don't understand what you typed.
s>
You stick out your tongue to lick the skull when it suddenly lunges and bites deep into your tongue! The pain is excruciating as it begins to chew and blood fills your throat...

... and then the vision ends.
Ss>StuN shield
Arvenna grabs a bottle and flips it in the air, catching it deftly with her other hand. She slides the bottle back into an empty space in the shelf, glances at you, and winks.
Ss>
You try to command your muscles to ready a shield but they will not cooperate.

Roundtime: 15 sec.
SsR>

sR>
You feel fully energetic again.
sR>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
s>
You stick out your tongue to lick the skull when it suddenly lunges and bites deep into your tongue! The pain is excruciating as it begins to chew and blood fills your throat...

Ss>StuN shield

SsR>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
s>

Ss>StuN shield
You shakily command your muscles to ready a shield.
You sling a gilded silver phalanx shield trimmed with orderly whorls of golvern thorns off from over your shoulder.

[You have 5 repetition(s) remaining.]

SsR>wear my %shield%
Wear what?
s>
* No shield found to put away
* Attempting to continue
>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/02/2017 01:44 PM CST
Which FE? SF?

If SF, check your SCRIPT / VARIABLE and be sure it's named 'shield'. Then check your 15/15/15 setting - It is likely a 'silver shield' as far as the variable should be concerned. You can quickly confirm this by 'TOUCH MY SILVER SHIELD' and see if it works as you would expect.

If Wiz, confirm the variable name is set right in OPTIONS / VARIABLE ('silver shield'), and then drop the final % out of the script.

You can confirm these will work by typing directly in the command line with the variable. WIZ will auto expand, SF will substitute. So 'WEAR MY %SHIELD' (which should work for both FE) will let you know if you're already wearing it, or wear it. Then if you arrow up, WIZ will have 'WEAR MY SILVER SHIELD' (or whatever is stored in the variable) and SF will have 'WEAR MY %SHIELD'

Doug
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/02/2017 01:58 PM CST
It's in SF. I don't know what the SCRIPT / VARIABLE or 15/15/15 setting is but I'll scan through it and also try to use it by typing the exact shield description.

The command WEAR MY SHIELD works just fine for this item. If I could get the script to simply put WEAR MY SHIELD instead of WEAR MY %SHIELD% then I think it would work.
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/02/2017 02:11 PM CST
If you wish. Change this line:

- STUNSHIELDstowshield:
=>put wear my %shield%
- match stun1 You sling

to this:

put wear my shield

Then save the file, and give it a test.

Doug
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/02/2017 07:24 PM CST
I did that and now the script hangs when it gets to that point. It just stops doing anything. I'll have to take some time to open it up and try to find how it all connects.
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/02/2017 07:58 PM CST
Does that entire block now look like this?

STUNSHIELDstowshield:
put wear my shield
match stun1 You sling
match stun1 already wearing
match stun1 You put
match STUNSHIELDstowshieldWear Wear what?
match SSHIELDstshieldstunned stunned
match SSHIELDstshieldwait wait
matchwait

Doug
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/03/2017 05:48 AM CST
>(Do I need just a simple shield?)

Quite possibly. I'd certainly try it. I'm not sure how a scripted shield behaves inside a script, but it seems like an opportunity for stuff to happen that doesn't need to.

Also a better script. The algorithm looks pretty horrible from the clips you slow, though they might be giving a misleading impression and setting up the match after sending the command is asking for hangups when the string its waiting to match arrives before the match is set up.
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/03/2017 07:33 AM CST
Nobody mentioned this, but check your READY settings for your shield.

Type READY LIST to see what you have set for your shield (as well as other equipment). If your shield is not set, I'd set it.

~Contemplar~
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/03/2017 02:04 PM CST
Your current settings are:

shield: _a gilded silver phalanx shield_ trimmed with orderly whorls of golvern thorns (worn if possible, stowed otherwise)

That's how it reads in my ready list with a gilded silver phalanx shield underlined and in blue.

It was like that Doug, I've since changed it back and tried again. Here is a more complete look at the self shield stun portion of the script as it is right now.

What I can't understand is why the command sent to the game is WEAR MY %SHIELD%. I may be inputting the .guildx commands wrong with the variables in the wrong place. If this is the third variable with variable One being location (which is not necessary because this script doesn't move around the Guild), Two being the # representing guild skill (in this case stunmans self stun = 34) and Three being the shield...I type it like this .guildx 1 (wehnimers landing) 34 (self stun shield) shield

If I were to type in the full shield description how do I do that to make the words contained or sent to the command line as one variable? Would I put a gilded silver phalanx shield in quotation marks or something?

Also; the command WEAR SHIELD when typed is enough to sling this shield over the shoulder, even without a longer description.

# * SELF SHIELD STUN **

SELFstun1stowSHIELD:
ECHO ***
ECHO * Need to have variable (% shield) specified as your "shield". Or ERROR could occur **
ECHO * If you have variable (% shield) empty, you will get the "No Match String" found error **
ECHO * If you need instructions on variables, Exit the script and start .guildx variables **
ECHO ***
put glance
match SSSHIELDstowshield %shield%
match SELFstun1 empty hands
match SELFstun1 left hand
match SELFstun1 right hand
matchwait

SSSHIELDstowshield:
put wear my %shield%
match SELFstun1%c% You sling
match SELFstun1%c% already wearing
match SELFstun1%c% You put
match SSSHIELDstowshieldWear Wear what?
match SSSHIELDstshieldstunned stunned
match SSSHIELDstowshieldwait wait
matchwait

SSSHIELDstowshieldWear:
pause
ECHO * No shield found to put away
ECHO * Attempting to continue
goto SELFstun1%c%

SSSHIELDstshieldstunned:
pause 2
GoTo SSSHIELDstowshield

SSSHIELDstowshieldwait:
pause 1
GoTo SSSHIELDstowshield
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/03/2017 02:23 PM CST
>>What I can't understand is why the command sent to the game is WEAR MY %SHIELD%.

In SF, it always sends the line without the variable expanded (so the command line history will show 'WEAR MY %SHIELD%') even when it's working. SF substitutes the variable with the value just before it goes to the game. So - that part you're describing isn't a surprise to me. I am betting that it is because there isn't a variable in the SF FE to match the '%shield%' line. Why it didn't work with just 'shield' I don't have a good answer for.

First, try these in order in the command line, and keep track of which one works.

1) touch my silver shield
2) touch my phalanx shield
3) touch my gilded shield

on the SF screen, upper right hand corner, there's a (usually) grey bar labled OPTIONS. Click on that and the drop down menu will include SCRIPTS - select that.

You'll get a modal window that should list your scripts in it, and in the lower left hand corner there's a (usually) grey button labeled VARIABLES - click that.

That opens another modal window that should list your variables stored in SF for your scripts. You should see one in there named 'shield'.

If there is one there, highlight it and select EDIT - see what it has in it, and if it's not correct, change it to whichever entry worked above. Then SAVE it, click OKAY, and OKAY again. Then test your script.

If there isn't one there, that's the problem. CREATE one called shield, and put the proper value into it - then SAVE, OKAY and OKAY. Then test your script.

If that doesn't work, or if the 'shield' variable is already set up properly, then edit your script and take out the trailing '%' from that line, so you only have '%shield' there.

Let's see what those do.

Doug
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/03/2017 03:07 PM CST
touch my silver shield
You reach out and touch your silver phalanx shield.
>touch my phalanx shield
What were you referring to?
>touch my gilded shield
What were you referring to?

In the script variables there is:
MTP_SHEATH2 wear shield
MTP_UNSHEATH2 remove shield
SBC_SHEATH2 wear shield

and I've added:
shield silver shield

It half works now. At least when I start the script while holding the shield it identifies that I'm holding a shield and sends the variable "silver shield" to the command line. Below is what it looks like from start to finish. After a successful STUNMAN SHIELD it hangs. I've also done it with the trailing % removed and it behaves exactly as below also.

>.guildx 1 34 shield skull
[script aborted]
[Script guildx is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
* USE .guildx help - for HELP / instructions, and other things, regarding the script.
* 6th variable does not work for help anymore.
>gld StancE off
LANDING

* Shield - Self Stunman
* Need to have variable (% shield) specified as your "shield". Or ERROR could occur **
* If you have variable (% shield) empty, you will get the "No Match String" found error **
* If you need instructions on variables, Exit the script and start .guildx variables **
>glance
You are now using your guild abilities to their fullest!
>
You glance down to see a black skull in your right hand and a gilded silver phalanx shield trimmed with orderly whorls of golvern thorns in your left hand.
* NOTICE!!!
* This requires variable 4 to be either
* ANKLET or CHAIN or SKULL or RUM (exactly)
* or BRIG or CUIRASS or ARMOR (exactly)
* For instructiosn to remove this notice use REMOVE on the 4th variable
>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
>

S>StuN shield
You already have a shield ready.
S>wear my silver shield
You are still stunned.
S>wear my silver shield
You are still stunned.
S>wear my silver shield
You sling a gilded silver phalanx shield trimmed with orderly whorls of golvern thorns over your shoulder.
>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
>

S>StuN shield

SR>UNSTUN
>lick my skull
>

S>StuN shield
You shakily command your muscles to ready a shield.
You sling a gilded silver phalanx shield trimmed with orderly whorls of golvern thorns off from over your shoulder.

SR>
You feel fully energetic again.
R>
Re: Guildx Stunman Self Stun 03/03/2017 03:13 PM CST
Probably a logic error somewhere.

Email me the script - doug@play.net - and I'll take a look at it today and see if I can figure out why you're having these challenges.

Doug