Returning after over 10 years 08/26/2021 09:46 AM CDT
I am returning after over 10 years away and feel completely lost. While trying to get into the feel of things I got a few messages about my debt, and final notice. I figured out where to go to pay it off, and where the bank is (unsure if I have anything in there, I played with a friend) but I cannot get back into the city (Wehnimer's Landing) without silver. Do I have time to go around and get a feel for the game again and go into the city, or will something happen because of that debt?
Re: Returning after over 10 years 08/26/2021 09:54 AM CDT
Hi there and welcome back!!

Only the west gate has an entry fee -- There is a free gate to enter Wehnimer's Landing a few room north and northeast of where the west gate is.

Nothing terrible will happen due to your debt to the town. In fact, the debt collector may do you a favor by coming to take it from you next time you're at the bank, without your having to go find his office.

/seo, wheels and skulls department/
Re: Returning after over 10 years 08/26/2021 12:17 PM CDT
The Debt Collector's Office is located in Moot Hall in Town Square East in Wehnimer's Landing. It's one of those places that I pretty much only visit when I create new characters, so I either have to fumble around Moot Hall to find it, ask for help in-game, or look up where it is on gswiki.

I think Luna is also correct that eventually they will collect it from you if you deposit/withdraw silvers into the bank in the city where you have debt. So you can seek it out if you want to explore Moot Hall, or just let it eventually take care of itself.