Transfer 04/16/2020 09:10 AM CDT

Is there a way to transfer items from one character to another on the same account?
Re: Transfer 04/16/2020 09:20 AM CDT
Not mechanically. Either find someone you trust to hold the items, or better yet, create a F2P account to move items between characters would be my advice. There's an item limit on F2P accounts, but if you're just moving a few things it shouldn't be an issue at all.
Re: Transfer 04/16/2020 10:55 AM CDT
<Is there a way to transfer items from one character to another on the same account?>

Smuggling bags are sold at DR that allow you WHISPER another character's name to them before hidding them for that character to find within the next 4 hours. You can only transfer one item at a time in them this way, but you can hide multiple smuggling bags in the same room.... oh, and they're unlimited uses.

I've got 10 of them spread out between my characters, they're great for passing stuff to my bard to be loresung to.... or for passing things to my character with a shop to sell. If getting them back to the character that originally had them is important, make sure you get at least 2 so you can just put one inside the other rather then having to scramble for something else to put in them (they don't work when empty, sadly).

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Transfer 04/17/2020 06:36 PM CDT
There is also the Thuunk method

1) You the player Pick a room accessible to both characters on the account. Move the receiving character to the chosen room. Log him/her out.
2) Log the character who will be sending the items into game. Get a disk. Load it up with the items to be transferred. Move the sending character to the chosen room.
3) Login the receiving character. When both characters are on the same account, logging in the receiving character will disconnect the sending character. When the Sending character disconnects, his disk will wander off in search of him. However, after a while, the disk returns to the room, and empties itself.
4) Have the receiving character quickly pick up the items from the ground.

This method comes with risk (Everyone knows Thuunk is a rogue? Yes?)

Risk 1 – Janitor. Idle janitors sometimes jump at the opportunity to pick stuff up off the ground. Choose a room the janitor does not visit often.

Risk 2 – Others in the room. Other people may see the items fall, and fuss at you for picking up other peoples stuff. Choose a room that is not so popular.

Risk 3 – Stalking rogues I’ve not tried it, but I’d suppose an enterprising rogue could follow characters with loaded disks around unnoticed. Then your receiving character would be in competition with the stalking rogue. Hmmm … dunno.

Risk 4 – Bad weather. Ok, so lets be blunt – the internet drops just as the new character is coming in. Avoid those game peak times when in-game activities potentially slow down the response time.

Risk 5 – Old Age You thought your characters were in the same room, but they are not. Don’t grow old.

I’ve actually used this method once recently to transfer items, and hope it will be ok to use it to have one character task another with foraging tasks, or collection tasks. My ranger character sometimes fills up jars with alchemy ingredients for my wizard character, and gets some sort of wizardly item in return, but, that happens with a straight drop in the room, rather than a disk drop.

Anyhow, thought I’d share.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)