[Misty Chamber] runestone 12/29/2018 10:06 AM CST
I don't recall the context, but recently--in KrakiiTime, so "some time in the last year or two"--someone was asking me about the runestone and getting past the Misty Chamber. I recalled that there was both a level and a skill capability (that is, with no skill you can absolutely go through at SomeLevelX, or you can do it earlier with skill) but had no firm idea of what they were.

Direct experimentation--my Monk got older than I wanted to still be in warfarers--leads me to say that 27th level with 15 ranks of Scrolls does NOT get you through, but 16 ranks CAN get through (eventually; I some times had to read more than once after RT).

I kind of think that I have this vague recollection of either "level 28" or "level 30" or "level 32" being the breakpoint at which you could get through with no skill ranks, but... <shrug> Yeah, been a while.

So, to whomever that was: now you know. (And knowing is half the battle! Yo, Joe!)
Re: [Misty Chamber] runestone 12/30/2018 12:37 PM CST
It was changed at some point. I think the level 28 restriction was removed and it is just arcane symbols now. My memory is a little fuzzy on this point though. Dara