I quit 05/30/2022 08:16 PM CDT
After playing for over a month steady - was going to start paying for a sub when I reached 20 - went to try to buy something over 100K and then found the real issues -can't do it - capped and encumbered suddenly - dropped some stuff fell over and was bugged and stuck to the ground - i was naked and had zero on me and was still unable to move - i called for help only to have the players come and rob me all my silver was on the ground, all my possessions on the ground all the gems and such all stolen - who wants to play a game with people like this out there - I deactivated my character and will never spend a cent on a game like this - no wonder there are only a few hundred players playing the game.
Re: I quit 05/30/2022 08:45 PM CDT
Hey, just FYI, a player posted on Discord saying that he and his friend picked up the items and were holding them for when you got back in -- so I think there's a misunderstanding going on.

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: I quit 05/30/2022 08:52 PM CDT
Those players, of which I was one, picked up your items to hold for you until we could figure out why you couldn't pick anything up or a gm responded. Judging by 250,000 silver sitting on the ground noone could pick up your items while holding that amount of silvers. We were racing the janitor or anyone else who might pick up the items by mistake.

We've all had this happen where we're just too encumbered to pick something up. I'm sorry we weren't clear with our intentions as we tried to make sure none of the items disappeared. We were sitting there for 10 minutes waiting for you to relog in. I also converted your silver to a note so you weren't encumbered.

Sadly someone just relayed this post to me. If you change your mind, your items and silver are being passed to a gm to be returned to you at your convenience.

-Chandrellia and Siggurd's alt.
Re: I quit 05/30/2022 09:03 PM CDT
Yes, just an addendum -- I do have your items in my office, so if you log back in, please REPORT up and ASSIST and any GM can get them for you and return them. Many thanks to the players who helped gather up the gear and coins and made sure we knew about it!

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: I quit 05/30/2022 11:53 PM CDT
I remember this interaction as it was happening, and my thoughts in the moment...

"Yikes, that sucks. Been there myself. I can go.. ahh.. Chandrellia is going to help, good, they'll be fine."

I promise that no one had any ill intention, and if something like that WERE to happen, you'd very quickly get the town on your side and after that person. We don't take kindly to that kind of behavior, especially in situations where mechanics do dumb things.
Re: I quit 05/31/2022 05:15 AM CDT
A good opportunity for me to repeat my suggestion for either an addition to the 'urchin' verb & mechanics--they're running around the streets, let's put 'em to use!--or just straight-out add its own verb:
"escrow"

Basically, a game mechanic acts as that third hand that you need: the silvers (from you) go to the escrow account (the urchin standing there) to pay to the merchant and the item goes from the shop to the urchin when it pays and then the urchin hands you the item (which you are now sufficiently unencumbered to receive).

I just don't understand why this is still an issue. :(