Possible Bug / Clarification - Thx! 09/19/2020 06:32 AM CDT

Hallo GMs and Game Developers!

Great game thus far, never had so much fun reading! :-)

Anyway, I was out hunting with my bestie last night and I may have inadvertently stumbled upon a bug. We’re both Claidhmore users and he noticed that my Claidh wasn’t “hitting as hard” as his Claidh.

He’s a Premie and I’m F2P but naturally weighted items should be fully useable. So then I took his Claidh for a spin and I was hitting like he was and he was hitting normally as well.

So, we noticed that my Claidh was of the “old-style” variation and his was “new-style”. We assumed this was the culprit.

If a GM can clarify that F2Pers can’t use “old-style” Claidhmores and if this was intended or is a bug that would be super!

Sincerely,

The Druidess.
Re: Possible Bug / Clarification - Thx! 09/19/2020 12:48 PM CDT
I don't remember the cut off, but F2P only gets a limited benefit for weighting and padding on items. I do believe they're restricted to somewhat padded/crit (5 CER).

A paying subscription member gets the full benefit of a claid, which is naturally weighted at 40 CER.

As F2P, you only get a taste of what a real claid can do in terms of crit weighting.

I'm sure you can find some answers here: https://gswiki.play.net/F2P_subscription
Re: Possible Bug / Clarification - Thx! 09/19/2020 07:06 PM CDT

No, Fierna is correct. Claidhmores and Katanas will be fully useable by F2P hence why her partner’s Claidh worked when she was swinging it. It’s been like this since F2P’s inception.

I think GM Estild is most knowledgeable about this or even PM Wyrom.
Re: Possible Bug / Clarification - Thx! 09/20/2020 07:30 AM CDT
Sounds like F2P checks the weapon base not noun to exempt claidhs and katanas from the CER reduction.

This is likely intended as old style is legacy, and has other advantages.