Ascension and F2P 09/16/2020 08:12 AM CDT
Guys seriously, please make a token or pay-something so F2Pers can access this system. Realize you guys will almost certainly be selling EXP tokens and most likely Lumnis Tokens as well due to the enormous EXP costs associated with the system. I just don't understand why you folks block products that some of us will clearly pay money for. I mean do you all not like money? Especially the hyper inflated gold plated "f2p" token pass money.
Re: Ascension and F2P 09/16/2020 08:58 AM CDT
It's almost as though this system were designed for subscribed accounts... Oh wait! It probably is!

(Yes, they do like money. The monthly subscription fee that would permit access to this system.)
Re: Ascension and F2P 09/16/2020 09:33 AM CDT

I AM a subscribed account. There is NOTHING FREE about "F2P". From Pay events to the 25 dollars a month JUST to get basic exp absorption.

They either need to get rid of this quote F2P unquote system or actually make it a legit microtrans for access.

Why they give you access for $$ for everything except that one thing that's crucial (like WGUILD access) is mind-boggling. It's like they're trolling their customers, like if I were to buy a 200 grand Maserati and they give you everything except the steering wheel. "Sorry, we don't sell the steering wheel." :confused face: Rly?
Re: Ascension and F2P 09/16/2020 10:28 AM CDT

<<I AM a subscribed account. There is NOTHING FREE about "F2P". From Pay events to the 25 dollars a month JUST to get basic exp absorption.>>

I'm not being snarky here at all, and I hope it doesn't come across that way...but I'm genuinely curious as to why you'd pay $25 a month for experience absorption as F2P rather than just subscribe for $14.95 a month and not have ANY of the F2P restrictions?
Re: Ascension and F2P 09/16/2020 12:04 PM CDT

No snark taken and a legitimate question:

Reason #1 I don’t like cyclical billing on any of my CCs. A lot of online companies make a ton of cash just on the basis their customers forget they even have a charge open on a CC (free money for them effectively), with a charge that small it’s very easy to overlook.

Reason #2 No obligations. I don’t want to feel obligated to play. I have a lot of things to do during the day and I don’t want GemStone being another chore , “Argghh, I gotta get online and maximize my alloted time with my character today.” It totally kills the experience.

Reason #3 I’m used to microtrans games. The model works for me I play a lot of mobile games where you piecemeal purchase what you need when you want it. I know I end up spending more but I feel like I’m more in control. This is the new normal.

Reason #4 No gated access. This poisons the milk for me, usually for me what happens is I just “get the itch” and I login and mess around for a bit and then I get hooked and I play excessively for a couple weeks buying passes, doing pay events etc. If the next thing I see when I try to hop on my character is ,”your account is expired please input a credit card.” my eyes glaze over and I return to Netflix or work or heck even go out for a jog.

Reason
Re: Ascension and F2P 09/16/2020 12:25 PM CDT
Your behavior actually closely mimics mine: I login when I feel like it, and a lot of days wind up with nothing at all. (I even took one of the weeks of Duskruin off specifically for GemStone... and at least 2 of the days wound up sitting most of the afternoon watching "Perry Mason" re-runs with Mom.)

I went with the monthly recurring, twice, and even stepped them up to Premium, because even two like that is about the same as the four standalone charges that I was paying each month for GEnie accounts. (Just the base amount per month... never mind the hourly charges.)
And between them they come with thirty characters, rather than "four".

But you will also see me "not play the game at all" for quite a while, like my "sabbatical year" (seems to roll around about every half-dozen years) which most recently ran from 2009 to 2015. Yes, I realize that "a six year sabbatical" </> "a sabbatical year", but I never claimed to be terribly consistent, either. :)