Inky black potions 04/12/2022 10:30 PM CDT

With the addition of the sanctification (330) service, there are lots of transactions that require inky black potions in which no sorcerer is involved. Clerics often ask folks to bring their own potion when the clerics are sanctifying previously-ensorcelled items for folks. It would be really helpful if either clerics or the general public had access to the inky black potions. Would it be possible to add them to the merchandise available from cleric shops, alchemist shops or even the weathered shacks that rangers use for the potions necessary for 620?
Re: Inky black potions 04/13/2022 08:42 AM CDT
<Clerics often ask folks to bring their own potion when the clerics are sanctifying previously-ensorcelled items for folks.>

Many sorcerers do the same thing when ensorcelling items that need this potion. Alchemy is an expensive and time-consuming slog to learn and most just don't bother with it.

I'm one of the ones that don't bother with it, but I'm still on the fence with whether I support this suggestion/request. On one hand gating it behind alchemy does make it more expensive if you can't make it yourself, but on the other it's one of the few things that can be made via alchemy that there's a market for.... and as painful as it is to learn the skill I don't wanna see that taken away from those that stick with it.

I don't think I'd have any problem with allowing clerics a recipe for the potion via their guild, but would have a hard time backing it being available via other means.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Inky black potions 04/13/2022 01:51 PM CDT
I have no problems with paying to get the potion that enables me to PERMANENTLY IMPROVE the equipment which I will NEVER LOSE.
(See repeated rants about "breakage" and economy. Get 'em now, before the Boards vanish forever and you just have to take my word for it that they happened!)

Alchemy is, like Starchitin said, something that is not for everyone. I am everyone. I'm never going to touch it.
Someone makes potions? Stand there while I throw silvers at you.
Re: Inky black potions 04/15/2022 02:15 PM CDT
>> Someone makes potions? Stand there while I throw silvers at you.

It isn't said often enough so, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those folks that toss silver my way for the glowing Urven'eth potions used in enchanting. May your projects bring you many years of service and joy!

-- Robert aka Faulkil

P.S. Anecdotally as it relates to the cost of the potions being so high. I have routinely offered to make enchanting potions for people utilizing their own self-supplied ingredients at a fraction of the price. Once people look at the list and begin to understand the effort needed to simply collect all of the required ingredients in one place, they nearly always choose to buy the pre-made potions instead.