SJW stuff 11/10/2021 09:20 AM CST
Not to bring up this over hashed subject again willingly but can we please dispense with all SJW ambients in the interests of being a game that just deals in fun? Found yet another one in Ta'Vaalor:

>
A plump elven nanny hustles her charges to the opposite side of the street, glancing back at a pair of gnomes loitering on the far side.

Thanks.
Re: SJW stuff 11/10/2021 09:54 AM CST
I think you're gonna have to go into more detail about exactly why you object to that ambient.... cause, if anything, it's something an SJW would be fighting to remove from the game, not something they'd ever put in.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: SJW stuff 11/10/2021 10:38 AM CST
Perhaps you're just assuming she doesn't like them because they're gnomes. Maybe she's nervous because they're loitering on a corner. Maybe she's suspicious of their motives for hanging out there...

- Andreas
Re: SJW stuff 11/10/2021 10:55 AM CST
Without trying to attack the value or worth of the sentiment and request, I'll just note. . .

It's damned hard to portray a snooty, superior elf in the lands these days.

Doug
Re: SJW stuff 11/10/2021 11:13 AM CST
I thought in general Elves liked gnomes, they reside in Vaalor and have shops and such anyway. Heck, they even speak elven sometimes.

Not really sure what about this ambient would make it 'SJW', nor why it would be particularly offensive to us the players. I mean, a nanny is classist isn't exactly breaking shocking new ground in storytelling. Maybe a character RPed as a low born gnome who likes to loiter would be offended?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 08:52 AM CST
My elf just loves gnomes.
Their heads are at just the perfect height for resting my foot while my dwarven lackey shines and re-blacks my boots.
None of the three of us even has to get uncomfortably bent backs from hunching over! I mean, that's just not healthy.
(The gnome has gotten much happier since I bought a helmet for use, though...)
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 12:27 PM CST

I feel like my reading comprehension must have dropped because I just don't understand the point.
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 12:36 PM CST
>>I feel like my reading comprehension must have dropped because I just don't understand the point.

I'd say your reading comprehension is fine.

That's probably about all I can say before getting a post pulled though.

- Andreas
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 12:56 PM CST
Well, there's a name not seen for a few years.

Welcome back--again!--Jim. :)
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 01:45 PM CST

Thanks Robert. :) Yeah I came back after ten years what back in Nov/Dec 2019 for six months then wandered off again. So I've been gone only around 18 months give or take. lol.

BTW I gotta say I'm freaking impressed with the sheer amount of overwhelming stuff that staff have released in that 18 months. I'm freaking struggling as usual to get used to it all. Focusing on only playing my monk for the time being until I get used to everything.

Kept trying to figure out why I casting an ability that I didn't recognise called Glamour and where did my force orb go to. Also the whole feat thing has me going "huh?" Though I'm thinking I'm catching on.

My half elf monk now looks like a happy halfling with Glamour up. Fun!
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 03:40 PM CST
Yep, every time you return, Jim, I breathe a sigh of relief realizing I'm really not the oldest, any more.

Stick around, will ya?!

Doug
Re: SJW stuff 11/11/2021 03:41 PM CST

LOL! Will try Doug. Thanks for that BTW! heh. My beard is halfway down my chest these days and mostly grey. ;)