Request for nouns 11/06/2021 03:36 PM CDT

Cloak:
Chlamys - The chlamys was a seamless rectangle of woolen material worn by men for military or hunting purposes.[1] It was worn as a cloak and fastened at the right shoulder with a brooch or button.

The chlamys was typical Greek military attire from the 5th to the 3rd century BCE

Himation - The himation was a simple outer garment worn over the peplos or chiton. It consisted of heavy rectangular material, passing under the left arm and secured at the right shoulder. The cloak would be twisted around a strap that also passed under the left arm and over the right shoulder. A more voluminous himation was worn in cold weather.

The himation could be pulled up over the head to cover the wearer when they were overcome by emotion or shame

peplos - A predecessor to the himation, the peplos was a square piece of cloth that was originally worn over the chiton by women.[4] The top third of the cloth was folded over and pinned at both shoulders, leaving the cloth open down one side. This upper part of the peplos which is folded down to the waist, forms an Apoptygma. Sometimes the peplos was worn alone as an alternative form of chiton. As with the chiton, often a girdle or belt would be used to fasten the folds at the waist.

Corinthian Helmet - This is the kinda stereotypical hoplite/spartan helmet
Chalcidian helmet - This is the evoluion of the corinthian helmet

Kopis - this is a curved sword, like an older scimitar. it is very similar to the falcata

Re: Request for nouns 11/08/2021 08:19 PM CST
Hello,

>Cloak:
> Chlamys - The chlamys was a seamless rectangle of woolen material worn by men for military or hunting purposes.[1] It was worn as a cloak and fastened at the right shoulder with a brooch or button.

I will look into this.

>The chlamys was typical Greek military attire from the 5th to the 3rd century BCE

> Himation - The himation was a simple outer garment worn over the peplos or chiton. It consisted of heavy rectangular material, passing under the left arm and secured at the right shoulder. The cloak would be twisted around a strap that also passed under the left arm and over the right shoulder. A more voluminous himation was worn in cold weather.

>The himation could be pulled up over the head to cover the wearer when they were overcome by emotion or shame

I will look into this, too.

> peplos - A predecessor to the himation, the peplos was a square piece of cloth that was originally worn over the chiton by women.[4] The top third of the cloth was folded over and pinned at both shoulders, leaving the cloth open down one side. This upper part of the peplos which is folded down to the waist, forms an Apoptygma. Sometimes the peplos was worn alone as an alternative form of chiton. As with the chiton, often a girdle or belt would be used to fasten the folds at the waist.

The current chitton design allows something like this to be done with it.

> Corinthian Helmet - This is the kinda stereotypical hoplite/spartan helmet

I don't think this will be possible as the Corinths were a people.

> Chalcidian helmet - This is the evolution of the corinthian helmet

Chalcidice was a place and I don't think this will be allowed either.

> Kopis - this is a curved sword, like an older scimitar. it is very similar to the falcata

I'll have to check, but I thought we already had this.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Request for nouns 11/08/2021 08:30 PM CST
Kopis is listed as an alt name for falchion on the wiki.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 12:00 PM CST

Thanks for feed back!

> Corinthian Helmet - This is the kinda stereotypical hoplite/spartan helmet

I don't think this will be possible as the Corinths were a people.

> Chalcidian helmet - This is the evolution of the corinthian helmet

Chalcidice was a place and I don't think this will be allowed either.

I get that, thanks. Is there a way we could make a style close to it? TBH, not sure how to describe them, because these are the names for the helmets.

I am just patterning a char after the greek look, so was hoping to get some of these. The helms in game don't really match.
Regarding the kopis, they are listed as early scimitars in most literature I found, I didn't even think to consider them falchions :)
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 12:35 PM CST
The root word (and the weapons themselves) are probably similar to "khopesh", as well.
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 02:59 PM CST
Any update on decollete? I compare it against nubuck in terms of "why this one but not that one?"
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 03:02 PM CST
>I am just patterning a char after the greek look, so was hoping to get some of these. The helms in game don't really match.

Have you tried the new Half-Krolvin-themed shop in Duskruin?

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 03:03 PM CST
>Any update on decollete? I compare it against nubuck in terms of "why this one but not that one?"

I see that it was submitted and still pending QC review.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 06:19 PM CST

>I am just patterning a char after the greek look, so was hoping to get some of these. The helms in game don't really match.

Have you tried the new Half-Krolvin-themed shop in Duskruin?

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events

Yes. Much of that is more Roman than Greek. But if that's what I need to do.. then that's what I do. I have the sagum from there. was hoping I could change to a more Greek look. I do plan on getting some of the armour from there, especially the various vambraces.
Re: Request for nouns 11/09/2021 08:57 PM CST
Thank you for the update Thandiwe :)
Re: Request for nouns 11/27/2021 11:34 PM CST

Any update on any of this?
Re: Request for nouns 11/29/2021 01:54 PM CST
They are still in discussion. It is a process.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events