Spam in shops 10/08/2021 10:15 AM CDT
Can you please code something that will make it so that we don't have to see the spam of other people selling their items one at a time in the gemshop and pawnshop and furrier, etc. Thanks
Re: Spam in shops 10/08/2021 10:32 AM CDT
>> Can you please code something that will make it so that we don't have to see the spam of other people selling their items one at a time in the gemshop and pawnshop and furrier, etc. Thanks

This has become increasingly noticeable recently with people taking multiple minutes to sell through all of their items. I'm guessing people are tossing everything on a holder character and then selling it a one mega-batch... One... item... at... a... time... so they can earn an extra 200 silver.

-- Robert

Rex's face lights up as you approach the Gate. He waves happily and says, "It is good to see you back, Faulkil!"
Re: Spam in shops 10/08/2021 06:44 PM CDT
Some relevant suggestions:

- When buying, shops should not give new notes, just silver. They can still give change for a note as a new note.
- Ensure that there is no benefit to selling things individually, in any shop.

Hiding the 3rd party messaging should be easy, code-wise. Maybe the first "appraise" or "sell" transaction after the character enters the shop can mention exchanging some quiet words with the clerk, or something like that -- so others still have a sense of what's going on, without the play-by-play.
Re: Spam in shops 10/08/2021 09:00 PM CDT

>This has become increasingly noticeable recently with people taking multiple minutes to sell through all of their items. I'm guessing people are tossing everything on a holder character and then selling it a one mega-batch... One... item... at... a... time... so they can earn an extra 200 silver.

In my case its because I don't want notes. The charge is adding insult to injury, but notes are already bad. Notes from Mist Harbor shops can't be banked elsewhere and notes from shops at the other end of the teleport pin can't be banked in Mist Harbor. Silvers from one place work everywhere. Thats just so crummy that I refuse to take notes except under duress.

The locksmith pool is what generates my mega batches, which aren't all that mega, but are a lot larger than they used to be.
Re: Spam in shops 10/09/2021 05:35 AM CDT
What you are asking for already exists via the game's frontend and ignores. It takes about a minute of setup to cut the majority of spam you see in a shop. For whatever reason, players are obstinate that they shouldn't have to set up the ignores and keep on circling back to asking for GMs to "code something".

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Spam in shops 10/09/2021 08:08 AM CDT
>> What you are asking for already exists via the game's frontend and ignores. It takes about a minute of setup to cut the majority of spam you see in a shop.

Fair enough - I'm finding it more annoying the longer the list of individual items people bring in to sell at once that I'll take a stab at trying to reduce this through the front end capabilities.

-- Robert

Rex's face lights up as you approach the Gate. He waves happily and says, "It is good to see you back, Faulkil!"
Re: Spam in shops 10/09/2021 08:17 AM CDT
>Can you please code something that will make it so that we don't have to see the spam of other people selling their items one at a time in the gemshop and pawnshop and furrier, etc. Thanks

Joke is on those that don't bundle their skins! Ha! You actually lose out on about 1-2% extra silvers if you're not bundling them....well, at least that's what I found out a couple years ago.