COMING SOON 12/18/2020 04:48 PM CST
With 2020 about to wrap up (we hope), we have some plans to ramp up the new year with a number of surprises! From new GIFTBOXes to perks for a limited time! You'll even want to keep an eye out for a REAL treat.

More details, coming real soon now!

Wyrom, PM
Re: COMING SOON 12/18/2020 05:33 PM CST

are we bringing back the REAL fusion shaman?
Re: COMING SOON 12/18/2020 06:26 PM CST
REAL treat.. is this where you tell us that AI innovations have allowed our characters to become real?!
Re: COMING SOON 12/18/2020 07:18 PM CST
A real SIMUCOIN is being hidden somewhere.
Re: COMING SOON 12/19/2020 01:36 AM CST
EXP MODIFIER AGAIN PLEASE
Re: COMING SOON 12/19/2020 11:31 AM CST

>>are we bringing back the REAL fusion shaman?

That guy was a real gem. A real jewel of the community. A national treasure.
Re: COMING SOON 12/19/2020 09:50 PM CST

Fusion shaman was at Ebon Gate, 16,592 fusion tokens were found at the Arena of the Abyss. Definitely pretty easy access to him with that.

Wyrom, PM
Re: COMING SOON 12/20/2020 08:59 AM CST
Fusion orbs are meh. It would be great if a process existed for players to improve their enhancive accessories outside of Duskruin HESS. Not uncapped, but being able to improve them up to +7 ranks or bonus and the total enhancive not going beyond +10 would be great.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: COMING SOON 12/20/2020 09:26 AM CST
>> You'll even want to keep an eye out for a REAL treat. ~Wyrom

Savants in 2021! You heard it here first! :P

-- Robert

>> [You have failed your current Adventurer's Guild task.]
Re: COMING SOON 12/20/2020 11:43 AM CST
>Fusion orbs are meh. It would be great if a process existed for players to improve their enhancive accessories outside of Duskruin HESS. Not uncapped, but being able to improve them up to +7 ranks or bonus and the total enhancive not going beyond +10 would be great.

I've been thinking about and hoping for something like this as well. It could be an automated workshop that deals with enhancives. Inside the workshop, we could pay (silver/BS/whatever) to remove a specific enhancive property from an item, permify an entire enhancive piece, or combine enhancives to make for a stronger one. There would be caps on the rank/bonus of a single stat/skill achievable via combining, and a maybe a cap on the total enhancive value of the item as well. Combining would come with a risk of failure where both enhancive items involved are destroyed. The closer an item gets to a cap, the higher the chance of failure would be.
Re: COMING SOON 12/20/2020 01:01 PM CST
Bah! You all are thinkin too small!

Clearly they're gonna finally give me my white flask with yellow stains around the opening!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: COMING SOON 12/20/2020 09:08 PM CST

that guy makes gaudy orbs, we need the good stuff.
Re: COMING SOON 12/20/2020 09:35 PM CST
Will these be happening before or after January 1st? I'm on vacation, and will shortly be losing internet until after New Years, and would hate to miss out on cool end-of-year shenanigans.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 12:05 AM CST
>>Will these be happening before or after January 1st? I'm on vacation, and will shortly be losing internet until after New Years, and would hate to miss out on cool end-of-year shenanigans.

These are starting in 2021!

Wyrom, PM
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 01:39 PM CST
>These are starting in 2021!

Cool, thanks for confirming Mister Head Zombie!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 06:19 PM CST
>> You'll even want to keep an eye out for a REAL treat.

As a more serious guess on this, I would hazard that maybe they'll be putting real gems back into the game. Either hidden around the land as before or possibly introducing those into the treasure system as well.

That would be kind of a cool treasure chest find in my opinion.

-- Robert

Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 06:37 PM CST

or maybe it's just a treat that he thinks is very good hence the real treat
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 07:06 PM CST
I did add bagels to a GIFTBOX...

Wyrom, PM
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 07:24 PM CST
>> I did add bagels to a GIFTBOX...

Now I need a shop where I can buy some cream cheese.

-- Robert

Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 07:25 PM CST
Can the gunny sack next time be wearable?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 07:27 PM CST
> I did add bagels to a GIFTBOX...

It would be pretty funny if you sent Edible Arrangements to folks who found REAL treats.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 08:33 PM CST
>It would be pretty funny if you sent Edible Arrangements to folks who found REAL treats.

Oddly enough it also carried a peach doughnut.

>get doug
You pick up a peach doughnut.

>eat doug

**YOU HAVE JUST FOUND A REAL DOUGHNUT. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS SENT TO YOUR PLAY.NET EMAIL ADDRESS TO ARRANGE DELIVERY OF YOUR PRIZE**

*XXX just ate a REAL doughnut*
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 10:08 PM CST
>get doug
You pick up a peach doughnut.
>eat doug

Soylent Doug is people!

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: COMING SOON 12/21/2020 10:16 PM CST
Oh how Wyrom teases us

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: COMING SOON 12/23/2020 03:03 PM CST

Fusion shaman was at Ebon Gate, 16,592 fusion tokens were found at the Arena of the Abyss. Definitely pretty easy access to him with that.

Wyrom, PM

we totally found more than that in shattered
Re: COMING SOON 12/23/2020 03:09 PM CST
I already told Wyrom this story when the halloween bagels came out.

When i lived in Tennessee in a closet for $50 a month, there were so many other people living in that house in random nooks for super cheap, but there was always something funny happening if you didn't mind the smell.
One guy, i actually think it was his girlfriend, worked at a bagel shop and brought us day old bagels all the time. As dirty dudes, we had a pile of stale bagels on the table of varying ages.

So we gave them out for halloween.

Then all night, we all laughed in our closet or nook while there were thumps every few minutes and in the morning, outside, dismembered bagel corpses everywhere!

the horror

mitch
Re: COMING SOON 12/30/2020 01:18 PM CST
>> >>are we bringing back the REAL fusion shaman?

>>Fusion shaman was at Ebon Gate, 16,592 fusion tokens were found at the Arena of the Abyss. Definitely pretty easy access to him with that.

I think neimanz meant the REAL fusion shaman... who could make orbs people actually wanted. That's like giving out 16,592 tickets to a Nickelback concert... How many of those fusion tokens were actually used? 2%? How much fusion gear was actually sold from the junker? Both times a merchant offered fusion services at EG, there were like 5 of us in the room, and slots left over.

Fusion: the Nickelback of GemStone since 2017.
Re: COMING SOON 12/30/2020 02:15 PM CST
>>Fusion: the Nickelback of GemStone since 2017.

Heh. Is it just the new orbs degrading over time? Or is there something else?

Wyrom, PM
Re: COMING SOON 12/30/2020 02:22 PM CST
There is no difference between the orbs that come out now, and the orbs that used to come out: if it was a +16 1HEdged bonus, it is now a +16 1HEdged orb.

The difference lies in that the old (now called "Tier 3") orbs did not degrade. New orbs processed--now called "Tier 2"--do degrade, down to half of their starting bonus. Once they reach half, degradation stops and they are locked in at the permanent value ("Tier 1").

Tier 3 extraction was retired, and is no longer available. That was the whole point behind the change happening in the first place.

TL,DR: The orbs extracted now are as good as they're going to get--which is to say, "degrade down to half"--and that's all we can expect. (Unless, of course, there is an opportunity for SC sales at some point... </cynical>)

I have asked, repeatedly, that the countdown clock for degradation NOT START until the orb is put into an item for the FIRST TIME (so that for example people who like to plan ahead for items' charges running out can create some orbs at the event, and then use them [at full benefit] when the existing one in fact runs out), but that has not yet come to pass.

I continue to think that it is a good idea, and a heck of a lot more likely to be implemented than "The good shaman coming back" is to happen.
Re: COMING SOON 12/30/2020 03:49 PM CST
> Heh. Is it just the new orbs degrading over time? Or is there something else?

It starts with the degrading. It ends with damage when you try to change them out.

I was late to the fusion party, being the new bardess on the block. But I had faith that even when changes were announced, that they'd be fair changes and keep the spirit of the concept, and I continued to upgrade my fusion armor that year.

... I was very disappointed when it turned out that WHATEVER the actual issue with fusion was, the pendulum had swung completely the opposite way and the new fusion gear no longer added up to flexible and handy.

New orbs not only degraded, they degraded without even being used. You cannot even get a year's supply of orbs fusioned the once a year they are offered, because they will be halved within several months.
Larger enhancive bonuses in items decreased dramatically, reducing the potential orbs to even smaller values.
Orbs were still being priced as if they were awesome; availability, likewise, to once a year.
And then ... prying them out.

If I had a bigger bank account, I would have turned this fusion armor in for something else some time ago.

(You DID ask....)

~L.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within