May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/20/2020 05:48 PM CDT
The final GIFTBOX for #PlayApartTogether will be live momentarily. We packed it full!

It contains the following items.

a wrapped gem-stamped present:
- a dull pendant (NEW)
- a glowing orb (10-entries to Reim)
- a squat jar of pallid grey salve (6 uses)
- an Adventurer's Guild voucher pack (50-pack)
- an Elanthian Guilds voucher pack (50-pack)
- a blue feather-shaped charm (6 uses)
- an archaic urglaes reliquary (NEW)

The GIFTBOX contains a special gift from the Rift, created by PM Wyrom. It's a "memory box." You'll want to ANALYZE it. There is also a dull pendant, created by GM Retser. This is a new way to store and use your Reim entries. He'll be posting more details about them shortly. Those who claim this GIFTBOX will get one for free, but they will be offered at Reim for ethereal scrip.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/20/2020 08:18 PM CDT
Maybe we could let people play around and experiment with them for a bit before spelling everything out about them on the forums?

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/20/2020 08:36 PM CDT

There's no requirement for the reliquary to be set before charging it right?
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/20/2020 10:15 PM CDT
Does the reliquary only work for the rift?
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/20/2020 11:21 PM CDT
Just the history of it is linked to the Rift. Nothing about requires interaction with the Rift at all.

You can anchor it without infusing it. Once anchored, that's where it will be unless you reset it, which can be done with an Eye-of-Koar emerald (that's about the only Rift connection here). Resetting the anchor isn't intended to be common, but I didn't want you to be stuck forever.

To teleport, both the anchored room and the room you're in has to allow teleportation. It takes one spirit regardless, it requires higher quality of gems. If you want to use star diopsides, you can, but it will take 1,500 of them and spirit. You can likely hit it with 3 or 4 diamonds. The overage is saved, so if you want to recharge it a bunch, you can. You still can only use it once every 28 days.

I also fixed a bug where the word "and" was appear too quickly in specific rooms when capturing objects on the ground (for the memory). If you have a captured memory that has a misplaced "and" I can get it fixed for you.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/21/2020 12:13 AM CDT

I wish you said that before I fed it 400k in emeralds.. That there was no limit. I probably have enough to travel for the rest of my life :(
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/21/2020 12:39 AM CDT
Looks like you have ~18 months of travel! I'm adding a new verb to it to detect where it's at for a charge.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/21/2020 12:51 AM CDT

I'm curious if we could get the 28 day restriction relaxed? Premium transport and Chronomage teleports are already quite cheap and superior in that you can choose your destination anytime.
The feeding it tons of gems for one way transport only seems restricted enough as-is.

Futhermore, is there a way to view the cooldown between uses?
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/21/2020 01:30 AM CDT
I added LISTEN to give its hunger level.

I also added a few extras to the loresong to try to hammer it home that there is a sentient being living in this.

You get an exact, in-character readout on when you used it. You'll see that when you LOOK IN.

As for the 28 day restriction, it's in line with another item, the dragonfly pin, from years ago. It's mostly a memory box, but I'll mull over the numbers more tomorrow.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/21/2020 08:23 AM CDT
Just adding my 2 cents that it'll be really nice if the frequency of transport can be increased just a bit.

Its not like its cheap or free anyway.
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/22/2020 04:59 AM CDT

The memory box doesn't seem to capture the people in the room at the time.

Is it possible to separate the memory function and make it less restrictive? I'd like to be able to take snapshots, but I don't want to use a rare eye of koar emerald to do it just for that.

Maybe another verb for anchoring the location like... knock?
Maybe peer to see the destination?

Keeping the same open/look in for the snapshot functionality? Basically a photo locket for nostalgia times.
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/22/2020 02:55 PM CDT
>>The memory box doesn't seem to capture the people in the room at the time.

Able to explain this one a bit more? It should be saving all visible characters in the room when you OPEN it.

>>Re: Anchor/Usage restriction.

The 28 day restriction is going to be sticking around. It's a pretty powerful teleportation since you have the ability to change the location.

With that, I've made some updates. Any Rift gem worth at least 5120 silver can be used for resetting the anchored location. This does include gems that have had their value altered by purification. When you LOOK IN the reliquary, you'll see the time you anchored it. If you anchored it before this upset, you won't be able to see that time. When you LISTEN to it now, it will tell you the number of times used and last used when it comes to teleportation. I've also included that the shadow is sated *on your soul* to make that a little more clear.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/23/2020 01:33 PM CDT

"a glowing orb (10-entries to Reim)"

When I used the new bundle (for Reim orbs) on this 10-entry orb, together with 4 other reim orbs from previous giftboxes, instead of one orb with a 14 use, I was left with one orb with only 5 uses!

What happened?

I saw the 5-uses remaining by analyzing the orb, after doing the bundling
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/23/2020 01:45 PM CDT
We'd need to know which character and look in game. The only other known situation that cropped up is someone mistakenly used the wrong orb when bundling.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/23/2020 05:05 PM CDT

The character was Witbier, thx
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/23/2020 07:40 PM CDT

>l in reli
You open the lid and look inside the urglaes reliquary. A shadowy haze clouds your view. When the obscurity dissipates you see an old memory.

[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony.
You also see an erratic luck spirit, an ebon crowned eagle, a fluffy black cat, the black Drafix disk, the Rouvers disk, the Keiyn disk, a green-eyed pale grey kitten, the sparkling Realk disk, the Kittelia disk, a green starstone, some acantha leaf, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a long fluffy tail, a lava tube, a wrought iron sign, a stone bin, and an intricate glaes statue of comrades in arms.

You shut the lid, and the memory fades away. You can't recall when you captured the memory.

That was an ugly pic, bunch of junk in the room. At least I got the puppy.
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/23/2020 07:41 PM CDT

oh and that was an example of not capturing any people in the room.
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/24/2020 02:15 AM CDT
>>The character was Witbier, thx

We'd still need to investigate in game. From just a surface scan, I don't see a 10-use being bundled.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/24/2020 02:16 AM CDT
>>oh and that was an example of not capturing any people in the room.

Do you have something on an ignore/squelch? When I look at your reliquary I see...

You open the lid and look inside the urglaes reliquary. A shadowy haze clouds your view. When the obscurity dissipates you see an old memory.

[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony.
You also see an erratic luck spirit, an ebon crowned eagle, a fluffy black cat, the black Drafix disk, the Rouvers disk, the Keiyn disk, a green-eyed pale grey kitten, the sparkling Realk disk, the Kittelia disk, a green starstone, some acantha leaf, a short-legged sable and white puppy with a long fluffy tail, a lava tube, a wrought iron sign, a stone bin, and an intricate glaes statue of comrades in arms.
Also here: Rouvers, Keiyn, Dyreknor, Realk, Djinn, Dondrul, Daiyon, Kittelia, Yakushi, and Kawhi.

You shut the lid, and the memory fades away. You can't recall when you captured the memory.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/24/2020 02:22 AM CDT

Ah you're right, it's from the title script I was running. Mea máxima culpa.
Everything's working as intended!
Re: May 20th GIFTBOX Details 05/24/2020 03:13 AM CDT

" From just a surface scan, I don't see a 10-use being bundled."

Thank you. I reviewed my inventory carefully, and you are right - I had misplaced the 10-use orb. So it was not in fact one of the orbs I bundleed.

To be sure, I just bundled the 5-use orb with the 10-use orb I found in my inventory, and I do indeed have a 15 use-orb.