May Daily Activity 05/17/2020 06:58 PM CDT
April showers bring May flowers!

Starting May 18th, a flower girl will be exploring Elanith. She has many sights she wants to see, but she won't be welcomed into town. You see, she's a troll. And she doesn't speak common. Her journey will start somewhere near the Landing, far from her home. Each day she will visit a new location until she has made it all the way back home. She will give you a single quest every day. If you complete it, you will earn experience. If you complete quests on consecutive days, you'll earn some extra experience. If you manage to complete her quest for each day she's about, you'll earn a special title. A quest for her is something fit for a flower girl!

You will have one hour of in-game time to complete the quest she gives you. If you're unable to complete it in that hour, she will give you a new quest. If you die, you'll lose your quest and need to get a new one. You can only complete this once a day. You can do it on any number of characters. F2P accounts can complete these quests as well. The term quest is used very loosely here, it should be something anyone can do and it's rather simple. The quest will come down to finding her, understanding her, and being able to complete what she asks you to do.

You will need to find her each day, as she will offer clues. But I will give you the first clue here on the forums. She wants to see one of the tallest structures built around the Landing. Her kin also roam the area.

I will be rolling this into Platinum first, and the other instances shortly after. This will only be available Monday (5/18) through Sunday (5/24).

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/18/2020 12:13 AM CDT
This is now live in all instances of GemStone IV.

If you get a quest that seems tough or too far to travel. You can get another one in an hour. It is in-game time, so if you log off it pauses the timer. Some of it is intended to be a little collaborative or travel heavy so that you work together and explore.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/18/2020 12:54 AM CDT
I reduced the timer to 30 minutes if you need to wait it out to get a new quest. You can also get a reset if you die. :D

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/18/2020 09:52 AM CDT

"You will need to find her each day, as she will offer clues. "

Does she offer these clues after you have finished the quest?
Re: May Daily Activity 05/18/2020 12:52 PM CDT
It's one of her questions you can ask. If you use StormFront, you can click her and see each question you can ask.

ASK GIRL ABOUT TRAVEL

(There are two easter egg questions not in that list, that are just for funsies.)

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/20/2020 11:26 PM CDT
A bug happened today that allowed the flower girl to be moved with some crafty shenanigans. It's been fixed, but I'll keep an eye on her. She went missing for roughly 38 minutes in Prime and throughout the day in Shattered.

Due to the bug, I've lowered the requirement from 7 days to 6 days to earn the title.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/21/2020 01:12 PM CDT
Can you repeat the clue she gave? She was gone so I could not get it and have no idea where she is today.

Avaia, player of
Re: May Daily Activity 05/21/2020 01:18 PM CDT
The clue she said was:

"Dlorogh srrrazarghkr tra 'gd'lar ar nr'wod kroolor ot tnarw ir."

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/23/2020 05:17 AM CDT
Is there a limit to the total number of unique titles? I completed the quest on a couple of characters. All but 1 now have the title available. One difference I see is that the character missing it had 4 unique titles. The rest had 2 or less. Maybe related, the girl also didn't take the flower from him. (He got the completion messaging and head full of experience, but the flower was still in hand.)
Re: May Daily Activity 05/23/2020 10:37 AM CDT
I asked this question in Discord (Plat's discord) last night. The limit to unique titles is 40 as per Wyrom.

Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: May Daily Activity 05/23/2020 01:07 PM CDT
>>Is there a limit to the total number of unique titles? I completed the quest on a couple of characters. All but 1 now have the title available. One difference I see is that the character missing it had 4 unique titles. The rest had 2 or less. Maybe related, the girl also didn't take the flower from him. (He got the completion messaging and head full of experience, but the flower was still in hand.)

That seems like a bug. I'll take a look.

Wyrom, PM
Re: May Daily Activity 05/23/2020 01:21 PM CDT
Okay, looks like if an odd combination of things happened due to moving the title from 7 days to 6 days, you might have run into the bug where you didn't receive the title (you'd still have the flower in hand if this is the case). Everything else seemed fine (exp and tracking).

If you were impacted by this, please ASSIST and request a referral so that we can get your title added.

Wyrom, PM