Future of Private Properties 01/28/2019 12:34 PM CST
We've passed the one year mark on when we sold 16 properties at Summit Academy, and we've learned a lot in the process. I wanted to take a moment to go over the plans moving forward.

We absolutely understand you want to get the most out of your private property, and finding all the little additions you can add hasn't been well documented. We will continue to update the wiki page with information, some of which only comes forward when someone asks for something. That page can be found here: https://gswiki.play.net/SimuCoin_private_property

We need to put timelines on the design process. Starting February 1st, all custom properties will only have 90 days to make it through the design phase. After the 90 days are over, the GameMaster working with you will use what you have or the ideas that you come up with to implement a property based on your designs. We do realize life happens, and the timeline might become an issue. In those cases, we can grant special permissions as long as you stay in communication with the GameMaster you're working with. If you don't provide exact details on something you want, and leave it up to the GameMaster to design the property, you are agreeing to their implementation. Be sure to use your 90 days to fine tune what you want before it goes into the build phase.

On the subject of communication, email correspondence when waiting for a response needs to be no longer than 7 days. This is on both sides. After 7 days, you can escalate the email by CCing GM Kynlee at GS4-KYNLEE@play.net. If you've already done that, or are working with GM Kynlee already, you can CC me at SIMU-WYROM@play.net. This will keep the process moving forward. On the flip side, if the GameMaster is waiting on a response from the player, we'll try to reach out again. If we have enough to go on, we'll try to build the property as best as we can.

Prior to being submitted to QC, the player will be sent an email comprised of a walkthrough of the property. This walkthrough shows every room description, SHOWs on props, food taste messaging, etc. This is the last chance to make changes before heading into the final QC process. Once a property goes into QC, as long as there isn't anything major that needs to be changed, the GameMaster working with you will make corrections on your behalf. If major changes are needed, players will be given a chance to offer substitute ideas. After passing QC, the property is released to the owner and a tour of the property is done. This will allow the player to check over the property a final time, and if necessary, most minor tweaks needed can be performed on the spot. There will be no major overhauls offered at this point unless something is not correct or accurate, determined by the level of detail you offered during the initial design. Should it come to needing a major overhaul, all appeals should be sent to SIMU-WYROM@play.net.

We hope that these procedural updates will allow us to move forward so that we can offer new custom, semi-custom, and pre-designed properties.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Future of Private Properties 01/28/2019 01:34 PM CST
Jeez, I don't even start getting antsy about "hmmm... no recent feedback" until ~90 days have passed.
(Looking back through my emails, I seem to be fairly regular about "bother somebody once per quarter"-ish.)

Precisely because I know how much all the stuff mounds up on GMs. (And it's not like I'm in a rush to see any given thing.)
Re: Future of Private Properties 01/29/2019 10:32 AM CST
>Jeez, I don't even start getting antsy about "hmmm... no recent feedback" until ~90 days have passed.
>(Looking back through my emails, I seem to be fairly regular about "bother somebody once per quarter"-ish.)

>Precisely because I know how much all the stuff mounds up on GMs. (And it's not like I'm in a rush to see any given thing.)

What a nice story. :P

~ Methais
Re: Future of Private Properties 01/29/2019 11:18 AM CST
If it's a choice of "be concerned about posted timeline" or, for example, "not get the property", I'd rather tell the story....
Re: Future of Private Properties 01/29/2019 11:33 AM CST
>If it's a choice of "be concerned about posted timeline" or, for example, "not get the property", I'd rather tell the story....

That's why it's a nice story!

~ Methais
Re: Future of Private Properties 01/29/2019 11:47 AM CST
And aren't you proud of me?!? I didn't reference ANYTHING from the 1990s, not even ONCE! <beam>

<flee!>
Re: Future of Private Properties 01/29/2019 03:31 PM CST
>And aren't you proud of me?!? I didn't reference ANYTHING from the 1990s, not even ONCE! <beam>

I am proud beyond what words can describe! :D

https://i.imgur.com/uebaegG.mp4

~ Methais
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/08/2019 02:54 PM CST
While normally I try to cut staff a lot of slack, like "not bothering you during the Event-month of October"...

Mazreth!

Kynlee!

Wyrom!

Read your damn emails!

I CC'd all three of you--"the GM handling the work", and "the first escalation", and even "the second escalation", as described in message #150--a week ago today. (Looks like ~3:00pm [Eastern] on Friday 1 November. So it has not actually quite been a week, due to DST changeover.)

And made, in that message, a point of calling (all three of!) you out on the point of "nobody bothered to reply my message of early September."
I sent feedback to Mazreth in March.
He touched base in late August, with a composite update... which contained almost nothing of what I said in March.
(After Duskruin runs ended:) I sent a reply in early September with some clarifications.
I didn't do anything in October, because of Ebon Gate keeping you people busy.
And then last week I asked about that most recent letter of mine.

So not only was there "dead silence" from early September, but even asking for "the courtesy of a 'we got it!' response" netted... "dead silence."

THIS message is less polite. And far more public.
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/08/2019 04:40 PM CST
Weren't you telling me this was coming soon like a year ago? I'm used to things moving as a snail's pace sometimes, but.... wow...

Hopefully you've been keeping an eye on your spam folder all this time.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/08/2019 08:40 PM CST
Honestly, it's not the 'delivery of the property' that bothers me.
It's the "NONE of (the three of) us will even send a 'receipt acknowledged' message that we got it. For two months. After a nag-ware message asking, "Hey, did you get it?!""
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/11/2019 07:34 PM CST
Hey Krakii, I generally follow up with the GMs first to find out what's going on. I feel that's the first step so that I don't misunderstand why there is a holdup. Your property has a lot of back and forth with the theme. As I mentioned once in an email, there seems to be gaps in the design between everyone involved. That said, Mazreth will be trying to get this all pushed through.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/12/2019 08:49 AM CST
I just heard from him overnight, so I'm greatly reassured. I understand about leaving the workers to do the work without agitation from above until need be.

Primarily I was concerned by the "I said something at the beginning of September, and here it is the beginning of November and... silence."

Secondarily I was concerned by the "Okay, I called (all of) you out on it, and... silence."
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/12/2019 11:31 AM CST

You’re going to love your property once you get the keys.

Still looking for someone that made a little ole cottage with a white picket fence. Probably far more caves, castles, and towers than anything else though!
Re: Future of Private Properties 11/12/2019 01:07 PM CST
Mazreth is the one who took it on, and he pretty much knocked the vibe I was looking for right out of the park. So there's definitely good feel. Very creative from the pretty bare bones I threw out there.
(At least half of which were, "You know that scene in the movie where...?" So of course if you haven't SEEN the movie you're "whatever.")

As opposed to my room writing/item alteration skills, which... yeah, no. <shake head, emphatically>