2006 EG Auction Tinderbox 05/11/2022 01:17 PM CDT
So I have a timeworn brass tinderbox which I won at the 2006 EG Auction which makes magical tinder 3 times a day from sticks I have to forage out and convert to tinder. This tinder with the flint and steel that came with it produces a magical campfire that is intended to remove the cold effects of environs and hunting grounds as well as sanctuary the room it's in for as long as the fire burns.

Currently, the fire itself will only feed on items that inspect as made of wood, and even more, only specific items, examples I've found being wooden shields and wooden quarter staffs bought at specific shops. It may actually require both the inspect and description of the item to have wood in it from what I've seen. Now the timer for the fire which I've tested extensively over the years is based on the weight of the item fed into it with a ratio of 1 minute per pound of weight, and it can stack I believe up to four hours before you hit a cap on it's timer.

Now here are my issues.

Issue 1. It can't burn firewood that is sold in the firewood shops in various cities without going out in seconds. I've tried several times and it doesn't add any time to the fire so the fire burns out in about 15 seconds.

Issue 2. It can't work in any indoor rooms, which I think is perfectly fine in most cases, but it also can't work in all outdoor rooms because of the original script design. It doesn't play nice with certain room scripts which prevent the fire from even being started, including in rooms it would make the most sense to use it, such as the trail to Icemule and the Landing.

issue 3. While the fire can be started in the Hinterwildes hunting ground, and does provide it's sanctuary effect, it does not do anything to reduce or prevent hypothermia or detract from the effects it was designed to protect against within this hunting ground.

So my request:

I'm hoping a GM would be kind and oblige me to update my tinderbox and the tinder/fire it creates to work as intended in the Hinterwildes hunting ground, even if some of the other issues remain, such as the type of wood it must feed on. I'd be thrilled if a GM wanted to find a way to get it to work in all outdoor rooms and play nice with other room scripts, as well as be compatible with the firewood sold in firewood shops, which only makes sense from a RP standpoint to use. I'd prefer it's effects to continue operate on the same stackable pound per minute basis and 3x a day tinder as it's both an auction item and not overpowered in that respect compared to things I've seen released at DR in relation to x per day items.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to consider my request.

Thank you,
-Perigourd's Player.