Legging and Undershirt Conversion 05/06/2022 04:26 AM CDT
Items appropriate for inventory locations for leggings and gambesons can now be converted to the dedicated inventory slots.

Leggings, stockings, hosen, petticoat(s), and underskirt(s) can be converted to the legging slot.

Gambeson, undershirt, chemise, and shift can be converted to the gambeson slot.

In each major town, you will find in the clothier or general shop a mist-filled silver bowl. Placing a wearable item into the bowl will reveal some information about how the item is classified under the new system and, if it is eligible to change slots, will allow you to update its slot.

~Vanah
Re: Legging and Undershirt Conversion 05/06/2022 11:24 AM CDT
These slots appear to be meant for underwear, but gambeson isn't underwear.... it's a type of armor. True, it was worn under plate or mail, but it was just as often worn as the only layer of armor and there certainly would have been other layers of clothing worn beneath it regardless.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Legging and Undershirt Conversion 05/06/2022 11:51 AM CDT
I got mine done as a gambeson, and wear it under my armor.

Since I clearly recall my days of wearing a kilt, and my character is wearing a kilt, I felt entirely justified in wearing leggings during the winter.

<shrug>
Re: Legging and Undershirt Conversion 05/10/2022 03:51 AM CDT
Would it be possible to be able to convert helmets to hats but keep the helmet noun, I love wearing a helm but I hate having to deal with it being an accessory
Re: Legging and Undershirt Conversion 07/07/2022 10:10 PM CDT

I was unable to find the bowl in the landing, I tried the general store and the clothier (using the dir command) What gives?
Re: Legging and Undershirt Conversion 07/07/2022 11:17 PM CDT
It's in Elaraeyn's Boutique, which is south of the clothier.

I recommend going to the clothier and submitting a "bug room" that references the bowl being in room ID 4321001 but that you think it should be in the clothier location because it works under the DIR command (of which I agree).