nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 06:02 AM CDT
1-nerf range anything over 10x you only get halve value, but you guys sell 11x and 12x

2-nerf paladin & bard cs but you guys sell spellbook ranks

3-nerf tonis & celerity but sell sk 506/1035

what is the price to keep our abilities? please put a dollar value to -1 attack & additional 5as/cs
Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 06:28 AM CDT
I understand this sentiment.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 08:07 AM CDT
Be honest: Tonis conferring -3s (to a floor of 1s minimum, as current) to the entire party--and if you have even a moderately-sized (4? 5?) party, "someone to send 35 mana over every couple of minutes" is NOT that onerous a burden--is ridiculously overpowered.

And isn't there, like, "That ONE Tonis/1035 object", from Mania a year or so ago? In the hands of a warrior? Who needs to train up 75 ranks of EL:Air to get it to pay off? Lore ranks, as a Warrior?

That (again: one) object is a nice toy, like Seymour. It is nowhere near as broken as "this implementation of Tonis" overall.

2s floor makes a lot more sense, though I will also miss the power.

Everyone screamed and bitched when Haste stopped taking roundtime down to a floor of "nothing", yet somehow we managed to survive the last, what, 18 years or so since that went into place....
Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 08:23 AM CDT
I do not find "this is too powerful to be in the game, unless you pay us thousands of dollars" to be a very compelling argument. You cannot deny the power creep needed to fuel quarterly pay events with huge buy-ins and the overall impact of P2W mechanics. It comes to every game that moves to that model. Just look at how many "we will nevers" have they reversed since DR opened the floodgates? Cash for exp, class defining spells as SKs. What level of game unbalancing do you think they won't allow when the money well starts to run a little dry?

Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 09:04 AM CDT
I have a lot less of a problem with "work towards power" (like five tiers of mana-armor or sigil staff), and especially where that work can be done by ANYONE (there is a thriving market of "I will buy your Bloodscrip in exchange for my silvers")...
...than I did with events like the Foehn's Promise. ("You Pay Us Money, You Are Guaranteed Phat Lootz." / Auction-level item.)

Duskruin just compacts months/years of "grind for silvers/get cool item eventually" into a very tight window of time.

Most of the field experience available to anyone grinding the Arena, is lost. (Once your bucket is full, ONLY the #25/final champion win goes into 'completely saturated', and "everything from the first 24 rounds of the next ticket" is essentially wasted.) Yes, the one or two pulses that hit while you are running that subsequent ticket will drain some, but if you are terribly far into 'saturated' at all, it won't be enough to drop you down into your 'normal' range.

One-off items are just that: one-off.

If they start putting "SK Celerity/506" items on the 225k HESS shelf? Yes, then I think there is possibly room for complaint.

Given that someone can take one of those loot sacks and fill it with 100 different kinds of gems all imbedded with a potload of charges to a stack 100 deep (each!), and pull them out one at a time to their 'active' container?
No, not really feeling that "the SK item over there" is terribly game-breaking.
Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 01:59 PM CDT
>>Most of the field experience available to anyone grinding the Arena, is lost. (Once your bucket is full, ONLY the #25/final champion win goes into 'completely saturated', and "everything from the first 24 rounds of the next ticket" is essentially wasted.) Yes, the one or two pulses that hit while you are running that subsequent ticket will drain some, but if you are terribly far into 'saturated' at all, it won't be enough to drop you down into your 'normal' range.

I wasn't talking about DR, I was talking about EG and its instant absorb exp for cash runs.

Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 03:09 PM CDT
Didn't know that was a thing; I don't do EG. :)

Sounds like there are different kinds of events to catch the interest of different folks, neh?
Re: nerf for a quick buck?? 09/23/2021 06:54 PM CDT
Somehow we survived with all these "overpowered" "bugs" in place for decades and it didn't skew game balance but it does now for some reason. It's not like 99% of new chars created in the last years are bards because everything thinks 1030 is OP so much that no other profession is worth considering.