Weaving Lathe 09/21/2021 10:52 PM CDT
Hello,

I think, once and for all, I fixed the issue with the lathe. There may still be a bit of oddity with the gems that are ALTERED but I think I put that to bed, too.

Please be sure to ANALYZE your lathes.

It now reads:

This is a tool that can be used to change a gem into a bead with the weaving script attached. You can POINT the lathe at a gem to see what the result would be and CUT the gem with the lathe to make a bead.
Important Note: The following gems will only ever have their natural noun as the noun of the woven item a small mithril-tipped lathe with an ironwood handle creates: egg, fang, fishscale, pebble, pearl, saewehna, seashell, shell, talon, tooth, thorn, tusk, and wheel

Metallic dust will transform into a "metaltype-dust" and then the new woven item noun. For example: a pinch of gold dust will transform into "a gold-dusted bead".
The following items will never be transformed: Scripted, Some Rift Gems, Ambergis, or Plinite

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Weaving Lathe 09/22/2021 12:37 AM CDT

This is the coolest ever. Thank you sooooo much, can't wait to play around with it!!
Re: Weaving Lathe 09/22/2021 05:12 PM CDT
Okay, after much wrangling, crying, yelling, taunting, and straight-up losing my hair....

It has had another minor tweak to ensure that it properly works with altered gems. It also works with lapidary gems now, but just know if you have any lapidary gems that you created before today it won't work with them.

Gem-cutters will still be funky until I can work something out with the owner.

If you have an unlocked lathe, you will notice a new option. It lets you keep 100% of the base item if you want it. Flip and turn to the right settings.

Lastly, analyze will tell you (roughly) what your current settings are.

Enjoy

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events