Weaving Lathe Issue 09/16/2021 03:33 PM CDT

I think my weaving lathe is misbehaving a bit. I have no idea if it's just mine, I haven't asked around yet.

It's cutting things it normally wouldn't have, into "an orb" or "a bead".
Pointing the lathe at the gem prior to cutting it sometimes shows that it will do this (ex: "a bead"), other times it shows the proper result, but doesn't give it.

It turned an uncut diamond into "anuncut diamond orb", all smooshed like.
It's also rejecting gems as something it can cut when it didn't before. Even just "uncut" gems that were popped through a lapidary box:

You think you could cut a glittering diamond into a glittering diamond orb with a small steel-tipped lathe with a hoarbeam handle.
>cut my diam with my lath
The glittering diamond doesn't appear appropriate for cutting with a small steel-tipped lathe with a hoarbeam handle.
Re: Weaving Lathe Issue 09/20/2021 08:52 PM CDT
When did this start? Has it been resolved? Are any of those scripted gemstones?

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Weaving Lathe Issue 09/20/2021 10:41 PM CDT

I first noticed it around 08/29. I figured maybe I was doing something wrong and just sort of let it be at the time. I did bugitem it sometime after. I made the post here when I noticed it was still being wonky about some things.

I'm also not sure if any of the gems were scripted. I've tried to use the lathe on plain ol' uncut diamonds, uncut diamonds first put through a lapidary/cutting box. Some EG/gem pile gems, and a few treasure-system gems (I think some were Sanctum found?). It varied a bit. I would get things like:

a tanzanite bead (fairly normal seeming?)
a diamond orb
anuncut diamond orb
an orb
a bead

Or straight refusal to cut the gem in question, even if it had previously been able to cut it.
Also, I did find out since posting that someone else's lathe wasn't working properly during the event in Landing.

-What are scripted gems? How would I know a gem is scripted?