Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/14/2021 03:07 PM CDT
I spoke with a GM today about those wands that combine wizard wands (the pearl-inlaid sandy brown wands), and apparently the script hasn't been updated in a really long time, which we guessed may be the reason why they don't work with the coral/minor steam wands.

Any chance the script could be updated? Crystal and slender blue wands work, and those are both 1700 spells, so it seems like it wouldn't be inconsistent to update the script for steam as well. I'm not sure how much work would go into that, but if it's not too crazy I'm sure whoever else also uses these would probably appreciate it, too.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 11/04/2021 05:15 PM CDT
It's closing in on two months now -- any chance someone's had an opportunity to look at the possibility of making this update?
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 12/16/2021 06:10 PM CST
Another month down; any updates to be had?
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 01/14/2022 08:15 AM CST
Another monthly check-in while these forums are still here.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 02/06/2022 04:49 PM CST
Forums are still here, so another (just shy of) monthly bump to see if anyone's at least considering looking at this.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 02/07/2022 12:36 PM CST
Also following this, because also interested in these being updated!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Imaeran Inquisitor
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 03/08/2022 09:31 AM CST
Another month that the forums are still live, so another bump from me: any chance of this update for these wands?
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 04/08/2022 08:02 AM CDT
Forums are still here, so I'm still asking. Seven-month bump: any chance someone can update the code of these wands so they can take coral ones?
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 04/08/2022 08:53 AM CDT

Should they be limited to wizard only, since there are so many more wands today than when the combiners were introduced?
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 05/10/2022 01:59 PM CDT
Eight-month bump to this one -- Bueller?

And as for wizard-only limitations, personally I'm not opposed to expanding them for other wand classes -- I've only been asking about steam because they were released as wizard-only and this is a wizard spell.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 06/10/2022 11:05 AM CDT
Nine months now. Any updates that anyone has to offer?
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 07/11/2022 09:52 AM CDT
Ten months and counting
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/09/2022 11:18 AM CDT
Eleven months now -- at this point I'd be cool with any kind of acknowledgment, even if it's just to tell me no and to go away.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/10/2022 05:34 PM CDT
>Eleven months now -- at this point I'd be cool with any kind of acknowledgment, even if it's just to tell me no and to go away.

They don't care.

I posted here on the forums about having issues with my weapon not working with the Executioner's Stance, even had an assist in the game about it and the GH said to bug the item and put in a further request for a GM to look at it. I've bugged the item, I've posted here and I don't feel like standing around in game hoping a GM might come to look at it. I think I posted about my problem around the same time you brought up this issue and sadly, no one cares.

Makes me wonder why I even still put any kind of money towards this game anymore.....I play less and less now as time goes on. No one really utilizes the forums here anymore and when you ask questions to GMs, you get so ignored that even the crickets won't chirp at you here. If you need answers you're supposed to put up with the crap that Discord is and go there; yeah, no thank you. I'm not a fan of chatrooms. I got over that phase in the dial up AOL days when I was a teenager.

I commend you for continuing to ask on the boards here every month and I know your pain about not getting any kind of response. Best of luck on your journey for any kind of answer because I know I won't get one, so hopefully someone else will, such as you, in this case.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/10/2022 06:51 PM CDT
Question on the wand combiner item -- did you BUGITEM it in game and request an update? If so, I'll dig around and see what I can find based on that. If not, it'll be a bit more difficult for me to figure out, since I don't know what the script # is, but I'll look and see what I can find.

On the weapon not working with Executioner's Stance -- did you bugitem the weapon? Is it a scripted weapon? If so, what type is it, and I can search for that and see if I can find an update for you.

--Xynwen--
Player Experience Team, MHO & CHE GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
>Emails for CHE business should go to GS4-CHE@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/11/2022 08:41 AM CDT
I can't remember if I bugged it as well (it was more than a little while ago), but I know I put in an assist and spoke with a GH who later referred me to a GM (Mikos), which lead to the conversation I mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

Some time on September 14 2021 after 2:59 pm Eastern (that's when my log for that session started), in that conversation, Mikos said the script hadn't been updated in a long time (Mikos says, "The scdript was last modified ten years ago), and it might be worth posting here and asking for an update.

Also from that conversation:

Mikos says, "The creator of the script isn't on staff, to the best of my knowledge, at least I don't recognize the name."

Hope that helps.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/11/2022 09:55 PM CDT
>On the weapon not working with Executioner's Stance -- did you bugitem the weapon? Is it a scripted weapon? If so, what type is it, and I can search for that and see if I can find an update for you.
>--Xynwen--

I appreciate the response. I did bug the weapon in question (I may have bugged it twice) last December.

You glance down to see a translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff It is 8x (+40) w/ grapple flares. Inspects as a two-handed weapon and has the MCW these quarterstaves are known to have.

You carefully inspect your vultite-alloy quarterstaff.
After a careful inspection you determine that a translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff is a quarter staff and requires skill in twohanded weapons to use effectively.
>assess my qua
You assess the quarterstaff for structural weaknesses and strengths.
Careful examination indicates the vultite-alloy quarterstaff has a base strength of 96 and a base durability of 380. You also determine the current integrity of the vultite-alloy quarterstaff to be at 100.0%.
Checking out the quarterstaff, it looks like it is masterfully weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal weapon of its type.
You heft the weapon a few times...but note nothing unusual about it.
[A translucent vultite-alloy quarterstaff has a combat effectiveness rating of 17 points of Critical weighting. It has 0 of 40 services towards the next full rank of combat effectiveness.]

If you feel like spending the time to check it out, by all means, do so. I even tried having 2 ranks of Executioner's Stance active with the weapon and it would never trigger. I recently unlearned the stance and put the CMAN points into TRIP, so I don't even care about the stance anymore. If the item is bugged and can be fixed, great. I don't know how many people even use this weapon anymore, if anyone does, aside from me. I'm kind of past the point of caring about it because it would be a while before I even spend CMAN points to try the stance out again.

Thanks for offering to try and look into it. Like I said, I don't use the stance anymore and don't really care, but if you wish to look into it and see what the issue may be because you like to fix issues or solve puzzles, knock yourself out.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/12/2022 08:27 AM CDT
Thanks for the info! I see the bugreport, and I've got a few questions I'm sending out to get some clarification, and then I hopefully will have an answer for you.

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/14/2022 12:37 PM CDT
<<BBRODRIGUEZ & Quarterstaff Issue

Hey, go ahead and assist ingame and ask for a GM referral. The issue isn't actually executioner's stance...your quarterstaff is missing something it is supposed to have that caused Executioner's Stance to ignore it. I want to make sure we get your quarterstaff all fixed up. I'll be leaving notes so any GM can get you set. I'm so sorry this took so long to figure out, but I very much appreciate that you brought it up again, so we can make it right.

<<JONNYCHI & wand combiner

As an FYI, I figured out which item script it was, and I'll drop a note to the owner/inheritor of that old script with the request that it get updated for newer wands. It's obviously not a requirement to add them, but I do understand the desire to have them all in there, so I'll see what I can do about getting this script some love, since there is an interest in it from at least a few people (and probably more who are silent!). And again, I apologize that no one got to you sooner to at least say something here! In reading the notes, one of reasons the forums were suggested was for you to see if other players had an interest in seeing it updated, and if I had to guess, other staff were looking at it in the same way...but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have at least acknowledged you were looking for input! Thank you very much for your patience.

No guarantees, but like I said, I will at least put a bug in the ear of the right person :)

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/14/2022 11:16 PM CDT
<<BBRODRIGUEZ & Quarterstaff Issue
Hey, go ahead and assist ingame and ask for a GM referral. The issue isn't actually executioner's stance...your quarterstaff is missing something it is supposed to have that caused Executioner's Stance to ignore it. I want to make sure we get your quarterstaff all fixed up. I'll be leaving notes so any GM can get you set. I'm so sorry this took so long to figure out, but I very much appreciate that you brought it up again, so we can make it right.

Thanks for catching me in game to let me know the issue was resolved for my weapon. I'll have to give it a try once I earn some more CMAN points to relearn executioner's stance.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 08/16/2022 11:04 AM CDT
<<JONNYCHI & wand combiner
As an FYI, I figured out which item script it was, and I'll drop a note to the owner/inheritor of that old script with the request that it get updated for newer wands. It's obviously not a requirement to add them, but I do understand the desire to have them all in there, so I'll see what I can do about getting this script some love, since there is an interest in it from at least a few people (and probably more who are silent!). And again, I apologize that no one got to you sooner to at least say something here! In reading the notes, one of reasons the forums were suggested was for you to see if other players had an interest in seeing it updated, and if I had to guess, other staff were looking at it in the same way...but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have at least acknowledged you were looking for input! Thank you very much for your patience.
No guarantees, but like I said, I will at least put a bug in the ear of the right person :)

Thanks for looking into it, Xynwen. And I appreciate the follow-through (and the apology) -- I understand if it's not a dev priority, or if whoever has it now decides it's not doable, for one reason or another, but I thought I'd at least ask.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/08/2022 11:37 AM CDT
I have an update on wand-combiner wands!

The current script owner is now...me. I have received approvals to make some updates, and I will be working on those. I cannot guarantee a date, but I wanted you to know it's being actively worked on to add missing wands and a few other items (like an analyze).

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/13/2022 09:40 AM CDT
Hi Xynwen,
that's great news, thanks very much for the update! I look forward to jamming coral wands in there one day (hopefully) soon.
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/13/2022 12:15 PM CDT
<<that's great news, thanks very much for the update! I look forward to jamming coral wands in there one day (hopefully) soon.

I'm hoping to be able to give you a more definitive date soon, and it shouldn't be too far out because...plans!

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/13/2022 12:41 PM CDT
But once it's working, do you really want to be told where you can shove those coral wands? <wince>
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/13/2022 12:42 PM CDT

<<But once it's working, do you really want to be told where you can shove those coral wands? <wince>

Oh it's fine...I can find you!

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/15/2022 09:19 AM CDT
FYI - about to drop an announcement that may interest you!

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/15/2022 04:30 PM CDT
Excellent news! Thanks so much for the updates -- much more than anything I might have expected.

Out of curiosity: Does "all wands" include wands made with 420 as well (and if so, is it only "wands" or do rods work too?), or just those made via alchemy?

Either way, great changes, and thank you again for taking a look at — and improving! — the wands!
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/15/2022 07:23 PM CDT
<<Out of curiosity: Does "all wands" include wands made with 420 as well (and if so, is it only "wands" or do rods work too?), or just those made via alchemy?

Just wands (and rods) made via alchemy (plus all the normal wand suspects that drop), not ones made with 420. Enjoy!

--Xynwen--
Re: Update to wand-combiner wands? 09/16/2022 05:38 PM CDT
Understood, that makes sense. Thanks again for all the effort!