Tgara Weapons 09/02/2021 12:03 PM CDT
So, I've got the following really old weapon, which is being a bit wonky... (I've registered it, again, just to get a clear snapshot of it in the system, it's on Cylnthia)

*a thin-bladed etched vultite wakizashi

>analyze waki
You analyze your etched vultite wakizashi and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.
You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the etched vultite wakizashi for you.

>inspect waki
You carefully inspect your etched vultite wakizashi.
After a careful inspection you determine that a thin-bladed etched vultite wakizashi is a short sword and requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.

>look waki
You see nothing unusual.

>read waki
There is nothing there to read.

>prod waki
You prod the wakizashi, and the look of it slightly changes.

>look waki
The weapon is exceptionally crafted by skilled hands. The wakizashi is polished and graceful. Curiously, written upon it in flowing Erithian script is the name "Tgara". Truly, this weapon was constructed by a master craftsman.

>read waki
In the Common language, it reads:
Tgara

It has some other cool zests, too... however, it won't take a label! :( When I try to add a label (on either side), I get:

>put label on my waki
A label cannot be added to a thin-bladed etched vultite wakizashi safely.

Is this because of the read on the one side, or is it because it's a super-old weapon? If it's the first, can we maybe get it to accept the label on the reverse side (that doesn't have the read built on)? If it's the second, could someone poke at it, and see if label-ing could be a thing?

Thanks!!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Tgara Weapons 09/03/2021 05:44 PM CDT
Unfortunately, if a script traps the READ verb in any way as part of how it works, labels are ineligible to work with it. And in this case, this script does trap and manipulate READ.
Re: Tgara Weapons 09/03/2021 08:58 PM CDT
>if a script traps the READ verb in any way as part of how it works, labels are ineligible to work with it

Ahhh, okay, good to know. Unfortunate, but understandable. Thanks, Mister Haxus!

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair