Morphing Runestaves 08/09/2021 08:13 PM CDT
Hello,

Morphing Runestaves have been updated to allow them to be a bit more robust. Here are the changes in a nutshell:

Give it a long, show, or both descriptions.
Change the base 15/15/15 of it.
Add flares, subscripts, ensorcell, enchant, etc.
Change the material (with the appropriate certifications) away from plain old wood.

The wearable item will also be able to have its base 15/15/15 change, including its noun (so long as it is appropriate to its worn location), and it can have a long or show or both description.

The old morphing runestaff had access to bow, clench, lean, and point when it was in runestaff form and bow, clench, rub, and tap when it was in its worn form.

Those verbs are staying, but there will be an unlock certificate for sale at Duskruin as well that will give it access to grin, raise, rub, and spin in runestaff form, and exhale, nudge, push, and touch when in its worn form.

In order to initiate the change, please transform your morphing item into its runestaff form and back again. As a precaution, please REGISTER your item first.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/09/2021 09:27 PM CDT
This makes me sad I sold mine a while back.... but I so rarely played the character it was on and the the person I sold it to wanted one so bad....

Maybe there will be a service to make existing runestaves into morphing ones eventually.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/10/2021 05:08 AM CDT

Thank you!

This is Oamir from Discord - I just followed the instructions (register, then morph back and forth 2x) but while I'm getting the new ANALYZE it does not appear that I'm able to enchant it.

>prep 925
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a tanik vultite-capped runestaff.
The wooden runestaff seems to resist your magic!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

This wouldn't need some sort of special potion to enchant right? It just has flares (mana flares).

Can ASSIST if that is the right course of action.
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/10/2021 08:35 AM CDT

I too cannot enchant any of the ones I have.
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/10/2021 11:34 AM CDT
I put in a fix that should resolve this, please let me know if it did not take.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/10/2021 03:03 PM CDT

Still seem to be unable to cast 925 on them,i also attempted to pour a temper potion from the shop but it sizzled away.
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/10/2021 08:09 PM CDT
I found the wayward string causing the issue. Make sure you analyze 1st and then enchant.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
SGM of Events
Re: Morphing Runestaves 08/10/2021 10:16 PM CDT

Looks like you got it,thank you! I am glad these were revisited and excited to work on them.