What's a CoLo? 12/03/2022 09:01 AM CST
I love what you guys do. I love this game. I think most of you are great and do a great job. But you just don't seem to get it, I can't figure out why. Please. Stop trying to be cute and just communicate. We pay for this game US dollars. Act like it please.

I posted another thing asking for proper communication. Then there was an announcement that you guys were working on it. Then you started making up your own words as if the other post was just lip service.

Scheduled Downtime December 7th at 8:30am ET

We are moving to a new CoLo on Wednesday, December 7th. All instances of DragonRealms and GemStone IV, the play.net website, and the Billing department will be unavailable for most, if not all, of the day on Wednesday. After we reopen the instances, we may need to restart them multiple times, so expect periods of interruption.

c'mon. Just talk normal, please. Uds pueden escribir en idiomas diferentes conmigo. Pero tienen que escribir un idioma que exista. Write words that exist on earth. Please.
Re: What's a CoLo? 12/03/2022 09:19 AM CST
Co-Location facility for the game server.

https://www.acronymfinder.com/COLO.html

Even without understanding what CoLo meant, the message is pretty clear. That being that all instances of the game will be down on Wednesday, December 7th.

-- Robert

From the pitch of the vibration you determine that the purpose of the shield is as a shield.
Re: What's a CoLo? 12/03/2022 09:47 AM CST

Point made perfectly, thanks Robert

There is no reason to use inside terminology with customers unless you want to thwart any attempt at understanding.

Even without understanding what Colo meant, the message is pretty clear. <
this is an oxymoron.
By definition, without understanding what CoLo means, the message is unclear.

Yes, the point got a cross. They also provoked questions. The point of an announcement is not to provoke questions, it's to answer them. Whether you understood it or not is not relevant, the fact remains that this is improper communication for people who are not inside the computer industry. That is inappropriate communication for customers. The goal is to be clear.

-Paul
Re: What's a CoLo? 12/03/2022 10:07 AM CST

oh man, I clicked that link, Robert.

COLO on your link is in ALL CAPS and is 5th down on the list with 0 stars, which means that someone could have added it yesterday.

I wouldn't call that clarity at all.