First time back in over 20 years, lots of items, gold, negative 10 million HP, don't remember anything, and unable to do tutorial 06/26/2022 07:20 PM CDT
Hello. I first played this game constantly when like 13 on AOL in 1996 or around there until my mom banned me from it. I can't believe my character is still there. I remember killing a lot of thyrils by typing "kill thy", and having promissory notes. It seems I'm dead and have over 10 million negative HP, with tons of items, pouches, and gold. I don't remember much else about the game, but it says I can't do the tutorial since I'm over level 1. I'd like to get back into the game, but how can I if I'm not able to do the tutorial? I don't know what I'm doing. Can someone point me to instructions that will be helpful?

What's a good tip for a resurrection? I guess you could say I was in a coma for decades. I'm sure my "memory" will return when I get used to things but I'm completely lost right now but want to resume where I left off. One of the boxes says I'm in the Volt society and it's my duty to release the undead.

Thanks.
Re: First time back in over 20 years, lots of items, gold, negative 10 million HP, don't remember anything, and unable to do tutorial 06/26/2022 07:59 PM CDT
Hey, welcome back! You may want to report up that negative HP issue, so we can look at you and try to fix that piece up.

We have a pretty active wiki with tons of information, amazing mentors who can help you get back into the groove, and a discord filled with amazing players and staff who can do the same.

https://gswiki.play.net/Main_Page
https://discord.com/invite/KF9Wr8u

--Xynwen--
World Team, MHO GM
>Emails for MHO business should go to GS4-MHO@PLAY.NET
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: First time back in over 20 years, lots of items, gold, negative 10 million HP, don't remember anything, and unable to do tutorial 06/26/2022 08:10 PM CDT
Thanks. I was going to report the negative HP issue as a bug because it seemed out of place, but someone dragged me to town square. It took some persistence but her and another person got me resurrected. I didn't really know how to respond because I couldn't remember the commands, but I will look into the links you posted and learn a bit more.
Re: First time back in over 20 years, lots of items, gold, negative 10 million HP, don't remember anything, and unable to do tutorial 06/27/2022 08:22 AM CDT
Apostrophe + text <enter> to talk is the biggest one, or use "say + text <enter>" to do the same thing. (It's just that the apostrophe is "just one keystroke" whereas "say" is three, so "faster".)

All negative HP are rendered moot by being raised from the dead--that was a REALLY old bug--so let the healers get as much experience as they can tolerate from taking the HP loss, and then a single cleric can give you back "all of the rest" with one spell.