Hapenlok...Out. 05/21/2022 10:50 AM CDT
You know, i thought there was a designated spot to post these farewells, but damn if i can't find it with these kludgy forums.

After 10 years in my second run, and approximately 20+ years overall, I have decided to close out my account for the final time.

I'm not going to bore you all with the details, suffice it to say, I've been dealing with a few medical issues over the past months that have mostly been addressed and are no longer issues, but i do still have a couple of open issues that i'm dealing with....but i'm generally in better shape than i was when i last logged in. The primary problem with me, is time. I don't have it anymore. It's pretty much an open secret what i do to pay the bills, but for those of you who don't know, i work as a dispatcher for a Town Police department. A busy one that's chronically understaffed, so 12-16 hour days are mostly the rule and not the exception these days.(Is it any wonder why i'm dealing with chronic fatigue and thyroid issues? lol)

Over the past 25 years(off and on) i've seen a lot of change come to this game that had its humble beginnings on GEnie. Some good, and some not so good. A game that i really started playing on AOL only as a diversion when Multiplayer Battletech either had full servers, or was generally down...which happened a lot, and it wound up becoming a pretty large part of my teenage and adult life, and that's mostly due to the players and staff i've run into over the years, too numerous to mention. Most of you guys know who you are, however special mention needs to go to GM Kenstrom, who got me hooked on playing the game again when i started my run back up again in 2012. I was only going to stay for a bit, i wound up staying for Cross into Shadows, and most of the storylines that followed.

It was a good run for me. But like the old story goes, All good Things must come to an end.

Thank you all very much. I love you all.

-Andrew G
Hapenlok, Timjirdos and Cewber's Player
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/21/2022 11:20 AM CDT
Take care Andrew :)
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/21/2022 12:09 PM CDT
Yours and mine have interacted a bit over the years, always a positive experience on my end. Sorry to see you go, but I get the reasons.... and careful about thinking it's the last time. GS has a way of sucking us back in, so at least save your favorite gear so you don't have to start from scratch when it does.

I know what you mean about the under-staffed bit, different industry but same problems where I am. Just make sure you put your health first. Jobs can be replaced, you can't.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/21/2022 02:42 PM CDT
Mister Happy, we will leave a light in the window at Miss Helga's for you to find your way home. Safe travels. You will be missed.

Luxie

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/21/2022 08:44 PM CDT
Cheers, and happy trails.
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/22/2022 07:34 AM CDT
Doing what is best for you is never a bad thing, I wish you all the best.

And Phever will never forget Hapenlok. He kept her sane in a very insane moment.

This isn't normal!
What do you mean this isn't normal!?!
This is way worse!!
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/22/2022 03:29 PM CDT
Take care and be safe you mad mage!
Re: Hapenlok...Out. 05/22/2022 05:34 PM CDT

I think ye'll be back, uh huh.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)