Hello again. 08/14/2021 02:57 PM CDT

I started playing back in the early 90s, and want to start again. I am having a tough time getting any help. I’m a level 47 cleric. I am Rhondalee as well as my old character, I lost and got back, Rondalee. I was hoping to see a familiar face, but haven’t seen many yet.
Re: Hello again. 08/14/2021 03:15 PM CDT
Welcome back! Keep your eyes peeled and don't be afraid to go exploring in new lands. I believe the game's footprint has nearly doubled since the 90s, so your friends may be spaced out a little bit more than they once were.

Some lady softly says, "Naamit is over-rated."
You reply, speaking to the lady, "At least I have ratings."
Re: Hello again. 08/14/2021 03:40 PM CDT
I returned after 20 years ... Welcome home!

My first advice is to START A NEW CHARACTER and treat it all like a brand new game!

After you get a hang of it all, dust off the old cleric, fix her skills and stats, and go forth with the character you wish to. Or both of them!

When I returned, I ... mothballed my old Ice Age bardess mostly for RP reasons, but after starting a new bardess from scratch, by level 30something, I was VERY glad I had learned the new ways of things from the ground up!

I know nothing at all about Cleric'ing but feel free to ask me other questions! I know you will have lots!

~L.

--
ESP TUNE TOWNCRIER or ;tune towncrier
Web: http://gstowncrier.com/
Daily Email: gstowncrier.com/subscribe/

gstowncrier.com/where-to-find-the-towncrier/

Send in news: https://bit.ly/2ISsz2l

P.S. Help Wanted, Inquire Within
Re: Hello again. 08/14/2021 03:41 PM CDT
Way more than doubled: Elven Nations didn't open until after that.

There are still some old folks around...
Re: Hello again. 08/14/2021 04:08 PM CDT
Quite a few players, not many characters still around from that era. I don't go back quite that far. With a bit of luck one of them will see this post and get in touch.

I second the "roll up a new character" idea. I did that after an 8 year break, and it was definitely a good idea.
Re: Hello again. 08/24/2021 09:54 AM CDT
>I started playing back in the early 90s, and want to start again. I am having a tough time getting any help. I’m a level 47 cleric. I am Rhondalee as well as my old character, I lost and got back, Rondalee. I was hoping to see a familiar face, but haven’t seen many yet.

Hey Rondalee, welcome back - I think you probably raised me or something way back when, cause your name triggers a synapse. I wanted to ask if you are familiar with discord? It's a program that sort of rolls voice and text chat into one that is mainly use by gamers. Gemstone has a very active server with official support, and it's by far the best place to ask questions about the current state of the game. Additionally, there is now a fairly well-maintained gemstone wiki, also with some official support, at https://gswiki.play.net/Main_Page. A lot has changed since you left, but feel free to email me via the forum link and I'd be happy to answer any questions. I'd encourage you to get on discord and join the GS server as well - not only will you be able to ask questions there, but I'm sure there are plenty of people like myself that you could start direct message conversations with in order to get advice.

Player of Kilshaar/Sylpher