Bag of holding 07/02/2022 03:48 PM CDT
Hi,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I put a lot of effort into obtaining and upgrading the bag of holding from DR.

This treasure sack has multiple pockets and storage units sewn inside. Closer inspection of the pockets reveals the following contents:

1. a blue feather-shaped charm (1)
2. a piece of neatly inked paper (1)
3. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
4. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
5. a mangled steel spoon (1)
6. a piece of crumpled paper (1)
7. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (10)
8. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
9. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
10. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
11. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
12. a gold-framed clear crystal lens (1)
13. a small glowing vial (94)
14. a small statue (3)
15. a mangled steel spoon (8)
16. a small statue (1)
17. a blackened parchment (1)
18. a potent yellow-green potion (1)
19. a blue feather-shaped charm (8)
20. a blue feather-shaped charm (1)
21. a blue feather-shaped charm (1)
22. a blue feather-shaped charm (10)
23. a blue feather-shaped charm (2)

yeah, it's a piece of crap.

Please tell the creator. It's total garbage that I put a lot of hours into getting. Yeah. Big fail by you.
Re: Bag of holding 07/02/2022 03:56 PM CDT

additional info:

I put all scrolls that I find with 1750 in that sack. I've found like a dozen of them over the last few months. Where did they go? I don't use them.

It's not normal for a lot of you guys, but bad job. Very bad job.
Re: Bag of holding 07/03/2022 05:56 AM CDT
If the number of charges on <any of> those items is different, they will not stack. That's how you get #15/spoons (stack of 8) and #5/spoon (stack of 1), for example.
Re: Bag of holding 07/03/2022 01:05 PM CDT

You are correct. those 1750 lenses can have 4, 3, 2, or 1, charges.
Re: Bag of holding 07/03/2022 07:57 PM CDT
They will not stack if they are different in any single way. # of charges. Whether or not it's been sung to recently. Whether or not it's been put in a bag of holding and then removed (although this one may have been fixed). Whether or not it's been stocked in a shop and then pulled off a shelf or not.

Even the expanders won't stack if one of them dropped before a mod to the system, such as how much BS the NPC will give you, or frequency of drops changed.

My only suggestion would be to use your sacks to store stuff that's sold off the shelf. I use mine for magic crystals for my crystal holding jewelry. It works very very well for things like that.

Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

From nearby, you hear Vyrshkana yell, "Why I's still drunkifyinged!"
Zicune yells, "Phenomenal cosmic liquir!"
Zicune yells, "Itty bitty drinker!"
Re: Bag of holding 07/07/2022 09:26 AM CDT

>My only suggestion would be to use your sacks to store stuff that's sold off the shelf.

My suggestion is not to deceive people into expending effort in exchange for broken things.
Re: Bag of holding 07/07/2022 11:45 AM CDT
People need to adjust their view of the bags. They hold items that are precisely the same. "a gold wand" (with 5 charges) and "a gold wand" (with 3 charges) are both completely different from "a gold wand" (with 7 charges), regardless of what they may look like to the player.

In this respect, yes, off-the-shelf consumables are perfect.

Now with that said... if it were possible, for example, to REMOVE/wipe away the adjective on gold rings, I would be delighted to be able to use one slot (of a particular #) to be my "blank" stash, and then other slots to be "those for Solhaven" and "those for Icemule" and so on.
But they would need to go in as "a gold ring", otherwise the slots get eaten up, as discussed above.

And when the weight reduction starts to be appreciable, I'm even willing to use them for things that are guaranteed to be nowhere near alike (like "6 rounds of looting gear off the Reim Emperor & Empress", for example). Sure, use one slot for just a single item. But it's weightless (or nearly so, as you add more bag parts).
Re: Bag of holding 07/07/2022 12:59 PM CDT
The way items stack isn't particularly intuitive, especially when there are properties involved that can't be seen. Without needing a bard, there could be a verb where you can hold an item in your right hand and another in your left, and determine if they are identical enough to stack. Even with a bard you can't tell for sure, or the loresinging itself eliminates the ability to stack. I agree that the bags are puzzling. Since they don't limit what goes in, they expose more of the underlying problem than items that only stack certain things. I'm not sure if it's a good idea, but making things a little less variable with regular treasure-found commodities like crystals, orbs, and statues might be one way to address a part of the issue that players often see first.
Re: Bag of holding 07/08/2022 08:36 AM CDT
Adding one step to script could be an option, too:
You are about to add "a crystal wand" to your sack, and there is no matching stack for it to be added to; do you still wish to proceed?

Or displaying more info on the items.
Currently we see slot #, noun, and (count).
Add [determing feature].

1, an uncut diamond (1) [9750]
2. a crystal wand (4) [9]

For gems, the determinant is [silver value]; for consumables it is [# of charges].