Bring back WSPEC 1, 2, 3 08/10/2021 07:18 PM CDT
The updates to mechanics with PSM 3.0 are great, but I think the changes to WSPEC need to be reviewed.

Opinion time:

I think weapon specialization was intended to allow us to customize the weapons that our characters were good at and let us be different from others.
With the changes I can now swing any two-handed weapon with the same skill.
It doesn't make mechanical sense. Sure, swinging a greatsword or a maul share some similarities and that is what THW training teaches us. Still there are definitely ways of using the two weapons that are different.
Being specialized should make it so that I am better at swinging a greatsword versus a maul or vice versa.
I think the way it has been changed has made it even more of a passive cman and more of a throw away.

If anything give us more of a reason to specialize. Maybe increasing damage factor or AvD in combination or instead of the AS+ with the weapon we choose.
This would show that with our specialization we are better at using the weapon to deal damage and even deal with the shortfalls of fighting armor types that our weapons are poorly matched against.

Mechanical issue:

It appears that the removal and change has caused some of post name titles that were dependent on them to not show up.

Thanks for reading.
Re: Bring back WSPEC 1, 2, 3 08/11/2021 09:58 AM CDT
In the same vein on the concerns about wspec I would say also that making it so that all warriors automatically gain weapon bonding also diminishes the flavor of warriors. Sure, it can be said that, well, you can still only bond with one weapon, but, a bonding to a single weapon should be something that is much more unique than having every warrior that makes level 25 have a bonded weapon and what if you don't want a bonded weapon? I also would like to point out that making a person wait until level 25 until they can bond with a weapon seems arbitrary. A classic example is the story of the Sword in the Stone. Did young Wort have to wait until he was King until he pulled that sword from the stone? No. He wasn't even a knight yet - just a plain gopher. So I would respectfully ask that weapon bonding also be revisited. Thank you for your attention.
Re: Bring back WSPEC 1, 2, 3 08/11/2021 11:19 AM CDT
<what if you don't want a bonded weapon?>

Then don't bond with a weapon. You still have to go through the process of going to a holy site and praying, it doesn't just bond you to whatever weapon you happen to pull out first after turning 25... it still requires the warrior to actively seek to bond to one.

<I also would like to point out that making a person wait until level 25 until they can bond with a weapon seems arbitrary.>

25 is actually lower then one could bond to a weapon until about a year ago. Prior to that, your level restricted how many cman points one could spend on a single skill, meaning you had to be level 30 to bond with a weapon. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that restriction being removed was a huge factor in Bonding being moved to a feat.

If there was a feat slot for level 20, I could see it going there... but it doesn't make much sense to make it below that level. I'm pretty sure they don't want to deal with people putting effort into strengthening their bond with a weapon only to train away their ability to use the weapon via instant migration (and then whining they can't figure out how to break the bond.... go ahead and try to find info on that, I couldn't).

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.